Thread: Resetting Fujitsu Lifebook´s BIOS Password

Resetting Fujitsu Lifebook´s BIOS Password

Hello

I recently bought a Fujitsu Lifebook 2130 B Series Laptop Computer, with a Phoenix-something motherboard, as the POST says. The problem is that recently is startup, it tells me that "a kernel file is missing from the disk, please restart" message. I immediatly tought on reformatting and reinstalling windows, for which thing I had to restart with a floppy disk and do my stuff. I tried to enter the BIOS to change the boot sequence, but it asks me for a password, which I don´t have.

Is there a way that I can take off the battery of a laptop MB, so the BIOS settings are reset? can anyone tell me what it looks like? I recently opened it and it has a large blue pill-looking battery, with 4 small batteries attached to each other. I took it off, and then put it back on, and nothing happened. Maybe I´ll try to take off the battery and leave it like that for a couple of days, and tell you what happened.

Are there any pins for resetting BIOS or something into this laptop computer? there was nothing I could see to take off, except for the strange battery I told you.

Well, thank you guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ultimate Member
    Notebooks usually have proprietary ways of clearing a password.

Call Fujitsu, be prepared to prove ownership of the device (too many stolen notebooks with "forgotten" passwords ...), and get helped by their support people.

regards, Peter

Thanks man, but the problem is that I´m in Mexico, some friend of me sold me the computer, he brought it from some other guy over the Internet...

I am the legal owner now, but as there aren´t any Fujitsu dealers in Mexico, I cannot ask for technical support or something.

What can I do!!! I need to reset its BIOS password to change boot sequence!!!

There should be a configure jumper(3pins?) 2 clear passwords?

1) Power up the LifeBook. Press F12 to access boot sequence and select CD-ROM as boot device 3) Insert the Recovery CD into the CD-ROM drive. 4) Select the recovery options. select- recover without format option! this will reinstall windows and solve your problem by bypassing the password!

Thanks K7Master

There aren´t any resetting pins inside the notebook, nor as I could see, do you know where they could be? please tell me

I already tried that, but strangely, by pressing F12 the only boot choices are hard disk and floppy disk, CDROM does not appear!!! my external floppy disk is ruined, tried with an USB one, tried with one with the same port as mine, and didn´t work.

AAAAAAARGH!!! Please help me!!!

Try getting that recovery disk on 2 the floppy! then boot (f12) 2 floppy or try windows boot (f12) disk!

Already tried that, but as I told you, my external floppy disk is ruined, my only choice is to boot from the recovery CD or a bootable CD, but first I need to enable booting from the CD on the BIOS.

Without a password your only chance is a floppy!

So, that means I´m screwed up?

That´s why i´m looking for a way to bypass or override the password...

I took away the two batteries i saw inside the notebook this morning. Hope it reset´s BIOS.

Hey, thanks once more, K7Master =)

Nope, tooking away the batteries didn´t work out for me.

I´m a very sad man... :-(

Anyone else knows choices for resetting its password?

http://www.pcdoc.bz/service/free-info/lifebook.htm This is for the Lifebook E series though.

Warlech - please note that this thread in NINE YEARS old.

Gawd, I feel old!
    Last edited by BipolarBill; 09-13-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    MS MCP, MCSE