Hello

I recently bought a Fujitsu Lifebook 2130 B Series Laptop Computer, with a Phoenix-something motherboard, as the POST says. The problem is that recently is startup, it tells me that "a kernel file is missing from the disk, please restart" message. I immediatly tought on reformatting and reinstalling windows, for which thing I had to restart with a floppy disk and do my stuff. I tried to enter the BIOS to change the boot sequence, but it asks me for a password, which I don´t have.

Is there a way that I can take off the battery of a laptop MB, so the BIOS settings are reset? can anyone tell me what it looks like? I recently opened it and it has a large blue pill-looking battery, with 4 small batteries attached to each other. I took it off, and then put it back on, and nothing happened. Maybe I´ll try to take off the battery and leave it like that for a couple of days, and tell you what happened.

Are there any pins for resetting BIOS or something into this laptop computer? there was nothing I could see to take off, except for the strange battery I told you.

Well, thank you guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.