Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AMD -Rest In Peace

The K6-2 I had really sucked, but I love my Athlon!

Ronald

KMA
    I have a K6-3-400 I will part with for just $300.

Oh and I am pretty sure CMonster has at least one Athlon system.

Quantum computer making this forum uneccessary? As long as there's a way to tinker with it, I doubt that the users of this forum will just say "oh, sure, it runs at 1 terahertz, but I bet if I do this and that, I can get 1.1. There's no such thing as enough power.

Ultimate Member
    I dont know how many of you follow the stocks but check this out if you bought in to amd and intel 2 years ago as of today

with AMD you would up + 175% in stock value

with Intel you would be even no gain at all

intel is at 27.75 -1.70 for the day
    AMD is at 22.73 -0.58 for the day

OK, I read my above post in this thread, and now I'm ticked. It is 2001, and I still do not have a DEC Alpha setting on my private desktop! Oh well, on a positive note, that K6-2 I was talking about back then is still living on in a friend's ICS server box.

Later,
    Robert Richmond

ROFL at Krusty did double take on thread also and then scrolled up to Krusty's comment and .........LOL

man that old stuff was expensive, need to dig up some old ram thread's

From past knowledge of when CMonster killed 2 K6-2's because he upped the voltage too much, when I saw the title I thought he killed another one. (It was CMonster, right???)

Got a good laugh too. I thought "K-7? What the hell? They call it a Atholon. What?" Then I saw the 'funnied' replies and looked at the dates. Man, AMD is leaving Intel BITTING THE DUST!!! Woho! Watch as RAMBUS eats their own doom and gets throm in the pile of dead,smelly dot-coms...heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh!!!

Sianora Intel! Muahahaha

Middle Age Member
    For the record, I have never killed a K6-2 by upping the voltage:
    "From past knowledge of when CMonster killed 2 K6-2's because he upped the voltage too much, when I saw the title I
    thought he killed another one. (It was CMonster, right???)'
    -nope, not me. I almost toasted one due to a massive power surge after an outage, but that CPU is still working (at normal clock speed) in a donated PC.

The irony is that I have been using AMD CPUs since day one - currently I have Classic 600 Athlon (my router/firewall), a Tbird 700 @800 (will go 900 stable but I like to keep the voltage down), and my daughter sports a Duron 650 (not overclocked).

I have one lowly 533 smelleron that refuses to go 800 anymore regardless of setting or temperature and that system has found its way into a dark corner of my work where I use it for printing.

Before you start feeling sorry for me that I am not yet in the Ghz club - keep in mind I have 512MB RAM on one system, 384 on another, one is Ultra Wide SCSI and the other is Ultra SCSI3 -160 so they are still pretty fast...but if you dig this post up again in 2 years when they have the "Ultra SSO" 1.2Gz/s (*Solid State Optical) drives perhaps we will all get another good laugh.

*just dreaming?

[This message has been edited by CMonster (edited 03-17-2001).]