Gene, where are you? We miss you, buddy.I haven't heard from him in wuite a few days. Last I heard was he was having major e-mail/computer problems.
I hope you got squared away buddy, like I said, we miss you!
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your posts again.
Happy Y2,3 &4K!
Gene C? He has been noticeably absent lately... hope everything's ok, Gene C!
I too miss your valuable and charismatic input on this bb. We'll be watching for your return.
Best of luck in all,
I second everyone's posts. I miss GeneC. Very knowledgable and a key component of the traders BBS.
I don't know GENE too well, but if he is here, I'm sure he'll buy all the stuff I've got for sale.
Gene, come back, I need your money!
He must still be having e-mail/sys problems. I tried to drop him an email the other day, and it got bounced as undeliverable.....
Well We all will keep an eye out for Gene! He is a great guy and a very welcome addition to the SysOpt family!
Hope to see ya soon Gene!
ps. I just tried sending to gene as well...It's hasnt bounced yet (fingers crossed)
I've been looking for him too...e-mailed the other day and it didn't come back...Hope all is well Gene
See Gene, ther ARE a lot of people on here that do miss you. I think I still have your address, so I'll send you a card and see how you are.
Hoping all is well with you and your family!
I'll take two... CPU's
Gene's missing? Uh oh...call the FBI....call the hospitals....calling GeneC, come in...
I'm back. after all the system crashes and the e-mail screwups. I'm trying to get it all back together again. "FIRST" I would like to thank each and everyone of you all that I done a trade with. With the help and deals from you all. I was able once again to make some very happy Christmas presents for a lot of families. and the smiles and tears from both sides made it all worth while. they weren't the fastest or the best. but, to them it was like haveing a new 5000.00 system. and I thank you all from my heart.
1. e-mail problem was a cross linked file. that keep locking up the system. done a format and than tried again. all went well for a day or to. and than no e-mail at all or ISP. Our server sold out some of the company. and they went down for awhile. to do the change over. all new modems ect.
2. system all backup and running. my system keep locking up again. turned out it was a bad system.ini setting left over from the uninstall of mcafee and the new install of norton 5.0 virus scan. even tho mcfree was gone it left some stuff in the system.
3. redone the whole system again. checked and fixed my shops 17 systems for the y2k stuff. all clear and running.
4. loaded up nt workstation and the system locked again. I just went tho loading all my tax stuff again for the three companies. and was waiting to close the deal on selling the painting and lawn service company. everything I had done for the last month. again went down the drain.
5. told my girlfriend on the 19 th. of dec. to pack some stuff. we would close the sales of the two companies on monday. and we were going to the house in the woods. with no computers, no satalite dishes, ect. of course I took my six cats.lol
6. closed the deals. came home. unlocked the gun vault, took out a 12 guage shot gun. loaded it up. took one of the k6 3 450 "my system" out into the yard. and shot it. no more e-mail or software problems. and windows 98 and nt both blowup together with no conflicts.lol
7. left on the afternoon of the 20 th. and returned last night. we had a very good Christmas and a very happy new years. The best part was that neither she or I drink. and we got to watch everyone else party. and than pay for it the next day. that was worth a years wait. all by itself. I'm going to be putting together a new p3-450 to take the place of the k6 in a day or two. and will be finishing up my taxes. and try to read the almost 300 e-mails I had on the server. so I'll try to log on when I can. but, it was a nice feeling to come back and see this post. even tho I wasent't here. you all were with me in my heart. thanks again. Gene C.
also, for the cost of airfare and shotgun shells. I can fix all your hardware and software problems. with no upgrades or reinstalls. and will stand behind my work 100 %
Alright! well, I was kinda worried about you for a while there. So glad to see you're back! We all missed you.
Glad to hear you had a good Christmas, and got to watch everyone suffer on New Year's Day.
Now I know how to take care of my hardware and software problems, with one felled swoop!
take care, and it's good to have you back, Buddy!
That's funny. Was that AMD "running" when u picked it off? Did you dress it out or leave it for the buzzards? hehehohhohohooohhhhaahaahhheeeeee
[This message has been edited by reddog4629 (edited 01-04-2000).]
****, Gene! Bet that felt GREAT! Did you film it? Probably not, sounds like a "heat of the moment" kind of thing!
New Security Features Planned for Firefox 4
Another Laptop Theft Exposes 21K Patients' Data
Oracle Hits to Road to Pitch Data Center Plans
Microsoft Preps Array of Windows Patches
Microsoft Nears IE9 Beta With Final Preview
Simplified Analytics Improve CRM, BI Tools
Android Passes RIM as Top Mobile OS in 2Q
VMware Updates Hyperic System Management
File Monitoring Key to Enterprise Security
LinkedIn Snaps Up SaaS Player mSpoke