Thread: My PC toast printers!

My PC toast printers!

I have a M755LMR 866MHz PC with Win98. I connected several printers to it. Finished the driver installation, I sent a test page to the printer and just limited to blink the cartridge lights. I repeat this with a HP694c, HP310 & HP840c, and all I have at the moment are three broken printers. Now none of them work with my other PCs.

I'm not an electrical engineer, but at a guess I would say:
    1. you have a short somewhere on your parallel port.
    2. you need a new motherboard to correct this.
    3. Quit hooking up printers to this PC.

try changing your cable

Thank you for the responses. I'll contact to the mobo supplier to change it for an another one. The only thing that I want to know now is how can I recover the printers. They are still blinking of the cartdrige lights. I call to the HP support services, and sincerely, they s*ck, they only thinks that I don't put paper, ink or I left the cover open of every printer. Thanks in advance.

Try going to HP's website and do a little digging, I saw something there a few days ago about resetting their printers when you get a fatal error. I think they call it a "hard reset" or something. When you get to their site, use the search function and enter error codes or something of that nature and it might help you out.

I would assume you're using hp jetadmin to connect the printers (since they so numerous) and in that case the cable hardly can be a bad cable). Did you try installing just one printer and testing that?
    -M

No, I don't use hp jetadmin. Each printer was connected one at time. I use a different printer cable (one used, and other new) to connect the printer to the PC.

I was looking at hp search something to reset the printers, and find nothing... somebody knows how to make a hard reset a HP DJ310, DJ694c & DJ840c..? Thanks!!!

I own a computer store and am a HP warranty center, and being a ceritied HP tech on all of ther printers, I can already tell you that if they are not under warranty, it will cost more to fix it that it will to replace.