Thread: HP Pavillion dv5 entertainment laptop

Question HP Pavillion dv5 entertainment laptop

Hello, I recently posted about my laptop and thought of selling it. I have decided to keep it. Now it is working, turned out to be a bad sodimm. It is now booting up but I will have to start from scratch with drivers and OS, it originally came with Vista, but aI had updated to Windows 7. Here are the specs I have,

HP Pavillion Entertainment PC
    Alec Lansing Speakers
    Product Pavillion
    s/n: CNF8253WNW
    P/n Fe849UA#ABA
    Service tag dv5 -1010us
    Warranty 1 Year
    - [ ] Service tag 1010us

Could you advise me on where I can locate the software ?
    Thanks.....

Hello, sorry for my previous post, I have decided to reset my computer to factory settings. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. I am now trying to boot my laptop to factory settings by booting it up, hitting escape and F11, but I get,

Windows Boot Manager
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem

1. Insert your Windows installation disk and restart your computer, I do not have this disk.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is in access able.

Could someone please help,
    Thanks.

Most laptops come with a preinstalled recovery disk. Did you create the disks required to use your recover disk/s?

The recovery disk would take you back to Vista and you would have to reinstall the upgrade to Windows 7 after that is finished installing.

But if you didn't create the recovery disks. You can't just upgrade to Windows 7. You can however, contact HP and they might sell you a Vista recovery disk.
    Last edited by photolady95; 06-27-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Thanks photolady for your reply, I did create these when I purchased my laptop but they were lost in a move. So now, I want to recover this back to factory with Vista and locate the right software on the HP websight. I have found some info on my notebook for a dx, I have an sx.

HP will probably send a DVD for the price of shipping.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Steve said what I was going to tell you. So you should be good now if you contact HP.