Thread: Random BSODs when resuming from sleep

Hybrid View

Exclamation Random BSODs when resuming from sleep

Hello. I have built a PC and set up a fresh installation of Windows 7 x64 there for a SFF build.
    The config is as follows: Core i5 7600K / ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING / 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 C15 / Samsung PM981 NVMe 512GB / Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8GB
    The system is displaying BSODs from time to time when resuming from sleep mode. It can be two times a day, can be once per two days, but always when resuming from sleep.
    I tried playing with CPU voltages (overvolting/undervolting), changing RAM speeds (with/without XMP, different voltages, different timings, different speeds up to 2133), tried removing the GPU and working without it, tried a different PSU.
    Nothing helps, the system still is unstable while recovering from sleep.

The BSOD tells that the problem is in HIDCLASS.SYS - as I understand this is related to USB. I tried disabling the additional USB controller (AsMedia), tried disabling some of the integrated ports, tried swapping the keyboard and removing some of the USB diveces attached - nothing helps.

WhoCrashed tells something different:
    "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1969B0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88007DCD687, 0xFFFFF8800D40D7C8, 0xFFFFF8800D40D030)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

I have saved one of the minidumps here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/husarhtn5v...70-01.zip?dl=0 (122518-10670-01.zip")

Can anyone suggest what should I do next?
    Can this minidump identify the source of error?
    Is it a hardware or software failure?
    What to do next to fix the problem?

All new parts? With the correct RAM from Asus's recommended RAM speed, and brand?

I asked because I had a build that would stop me from installing Windows 7 half way though, turned out the RAM installed was the incorrect speed, and I had a faulty module, and it was Corsair.
    Last edited by photolady95; 12-26-2018 at 07:21 AM.