dcsimg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steve R. Jones

Yep, Steve or Nick could help me, but they're busy else where I guess. When they get time, maybe they can help me reset my password. Who knows with the buying of VDR what's going on over there now.

Could be I might still be able to log in once I get the desktop up and running again. All that info is stored on Firefox that's already installed there on the harddrive. And I can retire this laptop running Windows 8.1, not my favorite OS from Microsoft. LOL

I heard that. Couldn't stand Windows 8.x. Don't really like Windows 10 either ... simply because it's too invasive. It is MY computer, not Microsoft's! <grrr> Don't get me started.

Hopefully Steve or Nick will be able to help resolve your password issue before too long.

What happened to your Desktop, or are you upgrading?

Upgrading and motherboard died. Better case. And I like to tinker every few years.

Yep, know what you mean about the tinkering. Do the same here.

Sorry to hear the motherboard died. Hate when that happens.

Steve. This is what I'm seeing this morning. And I haven't tried to log in, in two days.

VDR message is stupid.jpg

That is a bad/wrong/incorrect password message....

The message that shows up when the site is having it's issue looks like:

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

So we wait? Still? Longer time? This is getting frustrating to say the least Steve. Doc and you and Nick and most anyone else can log in but me, 16 years I've been on VDR with the same user name I've had since I joined. So it's not my user name that's wrong.

What part of -> That is a bad/wrong/incorrect PASSWORD message....Don't you understand

Did you at least attempt to change the PASSWORD?

And note that you'll have better luck reaching me via email.

Yes. I tried to change the password, several times but each time it would tell me that is the wrong password or it would tell me I'd used all my attempts and had to wait 15 minutes to try again only to have to start all over trying to change the password. It was in a loop that wouldn't quit.

I'll email you next time for sure.