Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New PSU-PC not starting. CPU-power-adapter-CAPACITOR PLAGUE

Ultimate Member

Capacitor seems not charged-cannot hold Cmos-data

Maybe i must run PC for 10 hours? or can i only leave only switch on after pc-shut-down? is that enough to charge capacitor since it cannot hold cmos-data. fresh battery. PC was ON for at least 6 hrs. didnt help.
    maybe best replacing battery-holder. maybe soldering not perfect enough
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Left powerswitch on-standby. normal booting.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

small steps with great success

As you know i am writing about my adventures with my two old PCs which refused working over 5 weeks ago.
    1. Gigabyte Ga-7N400 Pro 2. Winxp
    2. Asrock Alive Dual eSata2. Winxp and Win7-63
    Both have Sata and IDE.
    the IDE 320gb-drive from GA-PC which was not recognized anymore after an external power-shut-down(by an Idiot) was recognized on Asrock but hanged during boot.

3. GA-PC now is holding Cmos-data when PSU is shut down but cable not removed. most probably capacitor(s) is now revived and charged.

Next task is reviving the IDE-320gb- drive on GA by flashing BIOS. Was succesful earlier with this method. But i will no use default last Bios but a newly programmed one.There is a big discussion about bad BIOS-since SATA-drives are not recognized anymore -. flashtool had also been replaced beside new Bios(two versions).
    I am working now on newer PC since navigating on internet is slow/Firefox is slow on old PC. Will prepare micro-SD-adapter as Flashstick. SDformatter 5.0(avoid earlier version 4) is needed to format and unlock. further instructions google BIOS-flashing.
    I will discuss flashing in Gigabyte-forum.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    GA-7N400 Pro2 seems to have regenerated capacitors now. i could form them. cmos-content will be stored if cable is not removed only psu shut down.
    Asrock aLive Dual eSata 2 seems to have defective capacitors. or partly alive. will no do experiments with working MOBO. maybe will build up second one.
    On GA the problem is accessing Sata-drives. Discussion elsewhere about badly programmed BIOS and wrong flashtool. I have improved Bios versions and right flashtool but i will leave it alone.
    Both are unviersal SATA-IDE-MOBOs. incl. Raid.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

capacitors with bulging tops

giving away for free sind capcitors are dying- tops not flat..... from an ad:
    "Verschenke ein ALiveDual-eSata2 von Asrock. Das Board funktioniert, hat aber Kondensatoren mit gewölbten Deckeln, deswegen wird es verschenkt."
    -------------
    https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/...apacitors.aspx
    I will ask a friend to replaced all identical capacitors on one of my additional MOBOS and setup a third PC. i counted about 20. they have + and - poles.
    Last edited by europanorama; 08-04-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

replacing capacitors-how to do

i will not DIM. but let it be done by a solding expert.
    https://www.instructables.com/id/How...-motherboards/
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    i opened also a thread about the same in Gigabyte-forum relating to sysopt
    https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index....3054#msg113054
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Wonder happened: Could shut down PSU without having to enter Cmos to adjust settings

After a normal start in the morning sometimes hdd cannot boot, is hanging right at start. shut down and restart normally help. this time i shut down PSU- and after 5 seconds restarted. And could boot normall. What a surprise-for the first time after the repair! It seems patience is giving Luck.
    Beforehand i always had to enter cmos to adjust settings. remember: its on the newer ASROCK AliveDual eSata2. on much older(2004, yes actually the very first copy is installed)Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 i could form capacitors to allow shutter down PSU. We will see when i control after some time.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    PSU in standby after restart after a certain long time: pc/harddrive is hanging. Reset is solving the problem.
    hope i can setup a new identical MOBO with all capacitors replaced!
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

sometimes PC is not starting or i will not see systemstart

wierd is sometimes pc-start is not visible onscreen. Maybe time to replace 27" samsung-screen.
    since sometimes i must push-pull screen button to make image visible during start.
    last time i made a reset and pc made a systemrepair. i allowed systemrecovery(systemwiederherstellung).
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Cold soldering points the reason for MOBO_Blackouts!

I must shorten a bit my tragedy with one of the two mainboard-system Winxp and Winxp/Win7-MOBOs.
    On Ga-7N400 Pro2 i couldnt make my sata-drives run again. didnt know how to do and didnt know if on my first GA-MOBO(have multiples) sata is also defective like onboard-lan and pci-slots.
    first the electrician killed one of my two ide-drives. and i myself made the only one not running anymore. its on a loop during start. first it said system-file is damaged or similar. Winxp Windows\system32\config\system
    doesnt it have an ending? in need i tried to copy the system.save-file ending removed. without success. later when sata-drive on second perfectly running again-duplicate-MOBO was working i tried to attach as second drive to make it running again. earlier i succeeded with that technique. but not in this situation. iots a software-problems. any idea?
    2. Later when i was at dead end i switched the board but it didnt start!
    then i remembered the idea of replacing poor capacitors(see old thread about delivery of bad material around 2004 just when i bought it.
    since no new capacitors around the only cure could be resoldering the capacitors and the three electric soils. cannot upload images.
    Before swithing MOBO i resoldered then and removed battery(for 30 seconds. not one word in manual when cmos clear is needed.
    only could now run my sata-drives. which i had to clean and cure for stable running. I am actually on chrome. firefox 48 is the latest running with non-sse 2 processor but its crashing all the time so i had to switch browser.
    when situation is better i will come again and open a new thread since new findings all around the universal sata-ide- Raid-Boards.
    Last edited by europanorama; 11-27-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

A ittle Update

I am now on a version of GA-7N400 Pro2 which has defective pci-slots.
    200mb drive runs windows XP. could install SP3 and final winfuture updatepack 3.68 mai-2014.
    also could install best possible Firefox-Firefox helped since i had too much crashes. first i couldnt update to FF 48.02 but finally i could.
    I knew pcs with SSE2-processors can run FF ESR 52. so it didnt know that nonSSE2-processor-pcs like mine needed FF 45.3.0
    there is information-site about that fact.
    the constant Firefox-crashes(mentioned also seperately) were du to shockwave flash protection mode of adobe flash which must be disabled. not checked anymore.
    yes Facebook is very slow still-this cannot be improved. but Firefox-crashes seem gone. hard have them.
    Another problem was using FEBE. will mention my findings in FEBE-forum. Febe 8.9.2 is latest working one for me.
    new fully working GA-7N400 Pro2-MOBO will arrive. when i have a second perfectly working one capacitors will all be renewed. I am convinced it was really the low quality(not lasting longer) capacitors which played a big role i all the problems. pls go back and search my finding of the fact that lower-quality capacitors found their way to some motherboards. ASROCK Alive-Dual eSata2-MOBO(My win7-and winxp-PC) is also affected. have also multiple copies of that MOBO. they will finally find a case. have them outside case which caused multiple of not very much troubles. at least killing one totally. Halfdead PSU also affected.
    replacing memory had no effect on the troubles. see other thread. old ones seem ok. but i am running the new ones. price was low.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Update
    I am actually still on the old GA-7N400Pro2. PCI is dead. everything else ok.
    Latest success was a workaround for Malwarebytes. MBAN-people very speedy. see its forum.
    Firefox 45.3.0 ESR is latest FF for Non-SSE2-processor-PC. Winxp running. 3gb ram. max.
    Youtubevideos can be seen, musicsound not that good.
    Cannot download videos. the needed Addons can be displayed(with a workaround. maybe i need a different one. will check in febe-forum
    Main problem are script-related on certain sites. they must be shut down to release the freeeze.
    Yes the actual MOBO which will be replaced still has the dying capacitors-problem. hope new copy was not used that long and capacitors still alive.
    cannot install CCleaner on this drive.
    cannot make changings in MS-programs(remove/add).
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Non SSE2-Processor-Winxp-PCs-Firefox 45.3.0 ESR is latest good working

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    another incident: cmos-battery drained...on Gigagyte 7N400 Pro2. its a universal Sata-IDE-Raid board.
    AND: Bootdrive must be set to SCSCI! if i only had remembered.
    btw: Firefox only up to version 48.02 since above only processers with SSE2 are allowed.
    And Internet is slow. Firefox crashed. maybe also to 52° C processor-temperature. could cool down Videocard to 40°C.
    maybe also due to addon-remains.
    UPDATE:
    On Non SSE2-Processor-Winxp-PCs-Firefox 45.3.0 ESR is latest good working
    if FF 48.0.2 is installed Firefox will crash very often with 45 only from time to time.
    on FF 48 videos on FB should run.
    if one could not update to FF 48 one can directly downgrade to the right FF 45.3.0 ESR.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member

Capacitor plague -the reason for dead/dying PCS

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    giving away for free sind capcitors are dying- tops not flat..... from an ad:
    "Verschenke ein ALiveDual-eSata2 von Asrock. Das Board funktioniert, hat aber Kondensatoren mit gewölbten Deckeln, deswegen wird es verschenkt."
    -------------
    https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/...apacitors.aspx
    I will ask a friend to replaced all identical capacitors on one of my additional MOBOS and setup a third PC. i counted about 20. they have + and - poles.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch