Thread: Cannot boot anymore on Win7-64-SSD- One step in Regvac too much

Ultimate Member

Cannot boot anymore on Win7-64-SSD- One step in Regvac too much

Since i had a Windows Mediaplayer 12- not playing anything and not starting anything problem i tried out everything which had been advised. at the end i tried Regvac and did one step too much. got bluescreen at start. couldnt repair, couldnt use systemrestauration. and didnt know how to start with clean boot(asked for drivers) and reinstallation of SP1.
    had big problems with windows updates installations. was using winfuture updatepack. at the end it worked. have saved all data.
    had no space for a systempartition backup. should have done the allocations on a 2TB-drive earlier-see other thread about Secure Zone-hidden space of Trueimage.
    Can i now install win7 over the old one. will my own folders stay in place? maybe i can do a repairinstallation?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

A "repair install" or "in-place upgrade" requires a working Win7.

Did you already try "Last Known Good Configuration" and Safe Mode?

Did you try a System Restore to a previous point?
    https://www.winhelp.us/repair-your-c...ista-or-7.html

Ultimate Member
    safe mode can be reached with F8 right? i tried it seems was blue screen afterwards.
    could not find a restore point. was in tha menue.
    what is the right procedure during start. Starthelp-repair? or F8?
    I am currently on the running win7-HDD trying to backup systempartition. if not into secure zone it will be stored on other partition.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Yes, F8 will bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu (including Safe Mode) for Win7.
    It shows you in the link I posted.

Again, the link I posted shows how to get to System Restore.

Ultimate Member
    I have a systemrepair-DVD. is it essential to be made on the defective machine?
    will do the steps.
    Yes sfc /scannow was also adviced during my video/audiofile-WMP-repair-procedures. only couldnt open the log-file.
    Regvac
    thought to be a last remedy so solve the problem. secure scan worked but i ran more, finally defragged registry. this caused the shut down and blue-screen at start.
    maybe i can undo regvac in safe-mode?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

I have a systemrepair-DVD. is it essential to be made on the defective machine?
    If you mean a Windows 7 DVD, it doesn't have to be made on that machine.
    If you mean a System Repair disc, it just has to be 32 or 64 bit, depending on what is already installed. You didn't say what you have.

Why are you using Regvac in the first place? I don't recommend using registry tools exactly because it can mess up your system. You can try restoring the registry with Regvac if it has that option.

Ultimate Member

Win7-64-repair

Have read the impressive instructions. will now start one after the other. Win7-64
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Problem entering admin-account in safemode. I changed the username. could check the old name when SSD is on secondary slot but not new username.
    It seems its showing the right name. only i cannot enter with actual PW. i remember in winxp i once changed it. so i had to use the one setup durig installation.
    Cannot imagine changing PW in Win7. but i will check.
    could not enter in Std-account where no PW is set.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Sorry, we can't help you with passwords. It's in the AUP agreement.
    http://www.sysopt.com/aup.html

You will not use these Posting Features for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.

Ultimate Member

Solved by Upgrading Win7

Could make a chkdsk and filesystemproblem could be repaired- But didnt help.
    Could also not enter anymore to prompt and account. have found out the right name.
    Solution: Win7-upgrade-
    Old windows-files in windows.old
    and programs and data seem present. Est voila!
    will keep away from Regvac from now on.
    Problems with Windows Mediplayer not starting, video files not working after waiting too long with monthly updates at early Jan when i had my system installed and internet was running. Spectre....-problem stopped me updating.
    I did a full December-winfuture-updatepack-installation but not the Jan and Febr. partly. system was also somehow freezing. i knew those netframework updates had to be installed. and this had been confrimed by the system(dont remember where).
    Will now do the further installation-steps. Run a January-Full-updatepack(only in german)-maybe Febr. already available at winfuture dot de site.
    Afterwards i did and then the problems started all of a sudden with mediafiles. Yes i have found solutions to repair. but there were some uncertain facts so i stopped this repair when i started REGVAC(safe scan only). defragging registry there crashed the system. normally i wouldnt do that.....
    i can run the other win7-hdd from docking-station leaving the SSD attached or unplugged. SSD must be connected to slow channel otherwise not supported by channel 1-chipset). Good i started with Win-7-HDD-installation until having found that out.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch