Thread: Severe Security hole in Intel-CPUs of last 10 years!

Ultimate Member

Severe Security hole in Intel-CPUs of last 10 years!

https://www.pcwelt.de/a/schwere-luec...796109&pm_ln=3

can someone post english link pls?
    securing it will cost up to 30% of performance.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    or they want to sell new PCs with newest processors.....
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Have you noticedd how................... video streams are killing responses. Video pops up to offer you popcorn while you browse your item of choice and intent and everything stutters a bit as........... the stream hogs everything. Now call me cynical, if you like, but I remember when Steven Segal 'plugged' security holes, ah so!.

There are very good reasons why these security holes weren't security holes. They weren't and they aren't because no one had exploited them - had they and it turned out that they couldn't be exploited but the only seven people in the World who knew this all died mysterious deaths. The first forgot to put his chute on when base jumping. Messy business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OR5LmamkUw

A couple of the others were squashed under a beer barrel, another was hit by a bus in the the Gobi Desert and another was murdered in a submarine and vanished. So now it seems that all current chips are suffering speculative store bypass varmint attacks in preparation for 5G coms. You will be walking along, driving along, flying or sailing along and your browser will know where you are and it will point out that you are 20 yards from store X and you need milk, eggs and toilet paper.

Welcome to the future of marketing.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

a follow up, follow through, regurgitation of where things are (is) and where they will be and how humanity will be served and 'have it'......... (what a lovely expression) 'Have it'...... hmmmm - rammed down its throat and up its 'Ah so?'.

Intel hopes new chip-level security features move it past the Meltdown/Spectre fallout by TOM KRAZIT on April 16, 2018 at 8:00 pm - https://www.geekwire.com/2018/intel-...ectre-fallout/

Intel details future of chip design at Hot Chips 2018 - SoC-like chiplets to dominate market by Paul Taylor on August 21, 2018, 8:47 PM - https://www.techspot.com/news/76079-...hips-2018.html

Why Intel x86 must die: Our cloud-centric future depends on open source chips
    Perhaps the Meltdown and Spectre bugs are the impetus for making long-overdue changes to the core DNA of the semiconductor industry and how chip architectures are designed by Jason Perlow for Tech Broiler | January 18, 2018 -- 17:38 GMT - | https://www.zdnet.com/article/why-in...hips-meltdown/

Now, a thought about IBM's AI CRM. Why didn't they finish naming it? What son..... of a beach did this?

https://www.ibm.com/thought-leadersh...7Bmatchtype%7D

So, you see or you don't that there is all to play for and Tom had it just about right. RiP - https://youtu.be/E30XxSYgmqo

Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

We shall now contemplate Hedi Lamarr's frequency-hopping spread spectrum invention and ........ Processor Communication. Wifi on processor, if you like. Darn......... now why didn't I think of that. Let's call it.......... SpoC. Hi big ears...... how are things in Bozeman?

Ahem, here we go again - During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear. Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes. Voila. See ya in hell. PROCESSING

http://www.sysopt.com/showthread.php...sor-Revelation

I love it when a plan comes together. Or doesn't!
    Listen to the chips........

Last edited by herosrest; 11-02-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Ultimate Member
    already got rid of TV-set. have now notebook convertible and phablet.... pcs are dying here....
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    .... pcs are dying here....
    I'm old school, and PCs are not dying in my house, my brother and I still use desktops. My older brother has never turned one on and doesn't care to, he watches old westerns on TV and the river rat that he is, he roams the river chasing that ever illusive larger than life flounder at night. LOL

And I'm the computer guru in the house.

Oh, and BTW, a Notebook is a PC.

Ultimate Member
    i really meant my two pcs were dying but i could revive them, newer one died again and must be revived again or replaced by the same model. see my other threads.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    i really meant my two pcs were dying but i could revive them, newer one died again and must be revived again or replaced by the same model. see my other threads.
    Ah! I see. Well, time to get them back running again, right?

I still have to take my laptop apart to get to the harddrive so I can save the files off it, so I can reinstall 8.1 or better still install Windows 7 on it. See my thread where I talked to SpywareDr about it before, in advice on extender.

Ultimate Member

computerguru too

Quote Originally Posted by photolady95 View Post
    I'm old school, and PCs are not dying in my house, my brother and I still use desktops. My older brother has never turned one on and doesn't care to, he watches old westerns on TV and the river rat that he is, he roams the river chasing that ever illusive larger than life flounder at night. LOL

And I'm the computer guru in the house.
    I am the computerguru too, the only one here. and photoguru. photography will seperate me from my dying pcs....
    good i have now at least a cheap netbook Acer Spin 111. lightweight.think about when leaving it on your stomach in bed... good during cold winters..
    Other lightweight metallic netbooks and laptop around and coming. also i7.
    and new phantastic IPS-screens and monitors. on phablet and netbook. 24" monitors now cheap. fabulous colors.Pensioned and 65- a lot of time for living. Broken TV-set not replaced. Best decision ever.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch