Thread: Lost sound

Hybrid View

Lost sound

I been running windows 7 and decided to update to windows 10 so i downloaded the free windows 10 and installed and lost my sound.So i did a formatt and reinstall of windows 7 with all drivers and I still don't have no sound when play cd or watching video on facebook or you tube. In the sound setup i get the bars moving up and down on volume controls and in speaker setup i get sounds to each speaker when i do the speaker test.

ASRock 990FX extreme 3 mobo
    ASus DRW-24B1ST dvd/cd player

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You need to get your sound drivers from ASRock for the OS you have installed.
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme3/#Download

I had that driver installed but i reinstalled it, been working on this problem for 5 days and i found my issue it was within my keyboard as it has volume buttons for up down and off and i guess one of the buttons had stuck just enough to kill the sound but not to put an red x on the speaker on the screen. I beat on the buttons and sound came back on finally....Thanks for reply...

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    That happens, not often though.
    Thanks for posting back!

Update your drivers. If still not works den try some other drivers which are compatible for all the systems like Realtek etc.
    and if then also it is not working then it is an hardware problem.