Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TechIMO

TechIMO

Trying, trying, trying to log into TechIMO with NO luck. Can browse anywhere on the web, but trying to log into TechIMO=No love. RR, what do you think the issue might be?
    Thanks,

Net

I emailed Rob Rich last week and he said the site was taken down due to loosing money and it won't be back up.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

A community of 20 years and they just shut the servers off with no notice?

It was good while it lasted. RIP !

Crazy, you would think there would at least be a good bye.

Welp came here looking for answers and it looks like I found it.. I'd like to stay in touch with many of those I've known well over a decade now - is there another site, or... anything?

If you have Surrel's email - give her a shout.

Hi SysOpt...ians? Been a long time. Thanks to Steve for helping recover my old account. :yay:

Long story short, TIMO was incurring costs due to admin, hosting, retainers, etc. The software was falling apart, traffic was way down, and a litany of other issues. Scott finally made the decision to close the community. I had a quick statement on TIMO's old FB page, but I have since closed the account after letting the message get out.

I sent emails to some TIMO members for which I had contact info, though naturally some might have been out of date.

We can look backwards or forwards. I chose to look forwards. I am slowly reconnecting with former TechIMOllians via FB.

My FB account is sparse at best, but I do have friend links to a few of the IIJM spammers. Naturally they have friend links to other TIMO members and so on.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.richmond.999

Drop me a friend request, chat message, etc. if desired. If FB is not your thing, I will also try to occassionally check my private messages here now.

Hello Rob Rich and Steve Jones. Sorry to here about TechIMO. You guys helped me many times in the last 20 years........Thank You. Should I make SysOpt my new goto for advice? Is this forum the one that is most similar to TechIMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Waynezo View Post
    Hello Rob Rich and Steve Jones. Sorry to here about TechIMO. You guys helped me many times in the last 20 years........Thank You. Should I make SysOpt my new goto for advice? Is this forum the one that is most similar to TechIMO?
    Welcome, and I would say so on similarities regarding technical support. They are helpful people here at SO.

Another really long story short, Scott founded SO in the early world wide web days before the site eventually went through multiple sales and various owners. I was even an Editor-in-Chief on the static content side here back in the day. You likely will spot some familiar names floating about the forum.

Kewl Thanks

Sorry to see it go. Spent many hours arguing about many issues including Iraq. In fact, I went there from Sysopt when Sysopt suppressed expression about the Iraq War.

So Sad

I'm going to miss the old crowd at TIMO, even Surreal as she moved from Michigan? to Bakersfield. We were always unfriendly friends.....

Howste, RR, SoloCamo, Shy and a few more made up the last of IIJM. You couldn't find a more diverse group of friends in you tried. I still wonder what happened to Karin....

So, Good-Bye my friends. It's going to hurt for a long time.

Thanks,

Networker4321

Hi all!! This is truckpuller from techimo..using my original name here...