Well, I guess I did it good this time. Wife turns on her PC, old machine I put together a few years back, says it wants to update Windows, so I say let it do it. Upon booting it just sits there showing the logon screen for a few moments, then flashes back black, then back to logon, etc. Once I got an exception error message, but didn't get to write it down. I think the file it mentioned it couldn't start had the word logon in it, and that kinda made sense. I restarted the machine a few times and it finally booted into safe mode. I went to do a restore and it said restore was turned of. That makes no sense to me, I would never do that. Anyway, seeing as I had hit a brick wall I remembered that I had just swapped her drive for an SSD about two months ago & never removed the drive. I changed the boot order and after doing updates it's running again. She never really saves anything so as long as her mail & browser favorites are good, she's in business.

Now I am wondering if there is anything I can do with the installation on that SSD or should I just transfer the hard disk to it again. BTW, the HDD did have restore turned on and since I transferred from it originally, I don't get why it was turned off.

Thanks