PSU must probably replaced again
since yesterday it happend twice that screen went black when i was surfing. screen showest error-message no signal. so screen and videocard seem ok.
One must know the background how my pc-setup is: Asrock Alive Dual eSata 2 outside case on wooden sockets.
1. several times it happened that pc was shut down due to static shocks when i was in touch with cables(now moved), moving MOBO(no good idea), foot touched power-switch of cable-connectors.
Yesterday we had a short circuit from the powerplant. pc was on.
the images are made beforehand.
2. due to a reason i dont remember, maybe because i had to clean the motherboard(is outside the case!) i removed all cables to have it naked. then i recognised funk jumping. 12v-plugs were affected and one socket which was in contact with MOBO-contact. its looking terrifing. of course i replaced the MOBO. most probably i will ask ASROCK to send me a fresh 12v-socket(its looking brownish)
3. I have been working with my "new" used MOBO since about 2 weeks when, since yesterday after several hours the screen went black twice. pc was still running. NB: what is the maneuvre to shot it down the right way? i used the external power button.
So the PSU seem damaged and must be replaced right?
12V_ATX_ASROCK ALIVEDUAL_ESATA2IMG_5075.jpgFLYING SPARKS IMG_5079.jpg
Last edited by europanorama; 04-06-2017 at 05:58 PM.
A Virus must also be taken in consideration.... we will see soon.
System was clean until recently.
Found out what to do to shut-down PC when desktop is black:
1. Multiple times enter Alt + F4
2. enter Alt + A(=shut down)
if not working increase the multiples. normally four times will do.
Maybe 12v-line in touch with main-power-cables-line of MOBO maybe too much windows open in FF. and PC on power for too long time.
old PC and FF are terribly stable.
Last edited by europanorama; 04-07-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Screen blackout again-PSU-Videocard?
Rest Firefox but afterwards i had a screen-blackout again.
Will now first replace PSU and then observe if its repeating. Video-card could be a reason.
have now reset hdmi-cable from switch to direct-connection. why o why do we get so short cables. also my second one is 1m only... screen now positioned to its extreme on table. have pc sitting nacked outside left of table on first low floor on a small table.
New PSU: Dont want to risk a blackout during win7-installation. maybe having a replacement stronger/better videocard would also be wise.
PSU replaced-Hopefully screen-blackout gone forever
Found a most probably better PSU which i had got from UK(LC6460GP3) for my older P4(one floor higher on my PC-desk), the one from local dealer seems much cheaper. SL-500A(defective one).
has less Molex but for that i am using adapters.
nb: Bevore coming back now i had a blackout again shortly after PC-startup and opening Firefox.
Cheap means poor quality materials were used to make it.
I bought the cheapest one here. next for old pc will be at a similar price-level like the actual one.
ok one must know PSU had to work a lot over all those years since i had to replace the last one. could ask the dealer when i purchased.
Will get a LC-500-H for P4 and as backup for Dualcore-PC LC6560 GP3.
Maybe better getting another identical higher classed PSU- Type LC6560 GP3.
Then in an urgency i can replace a defective one on new pc.
A point with me is that the better parts weigh more, so a ps that feels like it is tons heavier, I am more apt to buy.
A idling 600 watt will last longer than a 500 that is fully loaded up all the time.