www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    could install all updates -11 after last rollup. after "wrong" sp3 was removed. system saved without AV and MWB installed.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    Unbelievable but true. My winxp-problem with account-logoff and shutdown is solved.
    i could be AVG. Had two versions of different AVG installed. internet security trial and ZEN.
    also outlokk working again.
    it lasted one day until see the problem ist gone-i was absent.
    I am now unsure if i should reinstall the right AVG free version. I am in their forum.
    since programs are listed in revo, after having internet security removed, i couldnt see Zen there anymore or had never be seen....
    and remove also didnt see but i could see the icon. now everything is gone and PC working properly.
    yes also did a rerun of the security software. AVG, Malwarebytes, adwcleaner(this time not deleting-what is deleting for?), JRT
    only didnt yet run eset onlinescanner.
    how about removing system-recovert points? all but last one.
    shouldnt i do at least before running defraggler?
    I am running the paid version of AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017, and I have encountered the same slowdown in logging off and shutdown on a Windows XP SP3 installation. I have a dual-boot machine with Windows 7, and the AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017 runs ok on Windows 7. AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017 is suppose to be compatible with Windows XP SP3, but there must be some problem in the software. AVG Zen does not cause the Windows XP SP3 slowdown issue on my computer (only the AVG antivirus and Internet Security portion of the software causes the problem). I believe that AVG Zen is just like a shell.

Quote Originally Posted by okiejay1 View Post
    I am running the paid version of AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017, and I have encountered the same slowdown in logging off and shutdown on a Windows XP SP3 installation. I have a dual-boot machine with Windows 7, and the AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017 runs ok on Windows 7. AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017 is suppose to be compatible with Windows XP SP3, but there must be some problem in the software. AVG Zen does not cause the Windows XP SP3 slowdown issue on my computer (only the AVG antivirus and Internet Security portion of the software causes the problem). I believe that AVG Zen is just like a shell.
    UPDATE:

I spent over an hour on Chat with AVG Customer Service, and was basically told by the rep that he did not see it as a problem that it takes 1 to 2 minutes for Windows XP SP3 to logoff and shutdown when AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017 is installed. He did not offer any solutions to try and shorten the shutdown time.

I suggest that people try some other company's antivirus software product for Windows XP SP3 environments, as AVG seems to be content with their product causing a long logoff and shutdown process.

Quote Originally Posted by okiejay1 View Post
    UPDATE:

After uninstalling AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017, I installed Avast Free Antivirus 2016 and experienced the same slowdown in logging off and shutdown on a Windows XP SP3 installation as I did with AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017. I thought this might be the case beforehand, since Avast now owns AVG.

After uninstalling Avast Free Antivirus 2016, I next installed a 30-day free trial of Kaspersky Antivirus 2016 and did NOT experience the same slowdown in logging off and shutdown on a Windows XP SP3 installation as I did with both AVG Internet Security Unlimited 2017 and Avast Free Antivirus 2016. Logging off and shutdown may have taken a few seconds longer than without any antivirus program installed. Looks like Kaspersky has the problem figured out while Avast and AVG appear to be clueless.

Ultimate Member
    Have just read about kaspersky working and right now: the very same is coming again but only after a sfc /scannow was running. this time it was a floppy-drive-error-but only in my admin-account. so i openen a new admin-account. but then slow-down was coming back...
    Windows-Kein Datenträger-Exception Proseccing message c0000013 Parameters 75b0bf7c 4 75b0bf7c 75b0bf7c 75b0bf7c
    (independent if floppy is really inside)
    in my opinion the providers of free antivirus are paid to force the last winxp-users to update to a new OS.
    And also this: To inform other AVAST users about other findings in their forum i was forced to login through FB. with all the secrets they have now access.
    I am sure they are paid also by secret services from west and east!
    so what now? paying?
    30 days trial makes no sense. what will happen afterwards?
    Last edited by europanorama; 02-04-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    PC working again-except the exception processing message.
    temporarily nvidia video-driver went down-low resolution.
    set back system restore.
    will now defrag systempartition.
    strange but good finding regarding swapfile. must show it.
    its maybe also about leaving all restore-points.
    but when system is saved couldnt we delete all but the last one.
    can a certain amount of points be left? how? deleting only some of the points?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    It seems obvious that Spybot Search & Destroy was the reason for the multiple problems and not AVG, AVAST(replacing AVG) or malwarebytes:
    a) slow logout etc.
    b) Exception Processing message.
    After running SBSD i removed it. but will install it again. and observe the situation.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    I openend a new thread in Spybot-forum since reinstallation of the last version supporting winxp(v 2.4) showed the problem again.

https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...465#post474465
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Only the exception message is coming in Spybot but now system is stable. it seems SB had to learn.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch