Thread: Problem connecting to wifi

Problem connecting to wifi

Hi, Please can some one advise me. When I try to connect to my WiFi i have a message come up saying a certificate code is needed i am not too sure what this means.

. I am using a HP pavilion
    . I am using XP Pro

With kind regards

Bristol

What are the exact make/model of your router and computer? What kind of WiFi encryption are you using?

It sounds like it is asking for your network's passphrase, which is normal.

If your computer is running XP, then I'm guessing it's pretty old hardware. It may not support the newer WiFi encryption like WPA2. You might need to use a lower level of encryption or buy a new WiFi adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    What are the exact make/model of your router and computer? What kind of WiFi encryption are you using?

It sounds like it is asking for your network's passphrase, which is normal.

If your computer is running XP, then I'm guessing it's pretty old hardware. It may not support the newer WiFi encryption like WPA2. You might need to use a lower level of encryption or buy a new WiFi adapter.
    My Router is plus net UK supplier

That doesn't tell us much. We can't help you if you can't provide specific details about your hardware.

If your ISP provided the router, then you should probably call them for support. Did they setup the WiFi network for you?

Again, the problem may be with your old hardware. Was it ever working with that router?

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    That doesn't tell us much. We can't help you if you can't provide specific details about your hardware.

If your ISP provided the router, then you should probably call them for support. Did they setup the WiFi network for you?

Again, the problem may be with your old hardware. Was it ever working with that router?
    Yes my old hardware was working with this ISO Router.

The. computer is the HP Pavilion dv8000 Running windows XP home edition.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Specs
    http://www.notebookreview.com/notebo...ew-pics-specs/
    as it states there,
    The included Broadcom card was not initially able to connect to my Westell Versalink router provided by Verizon DSL. An older version of the driver turned out to work. Otherwise, sensitivity is good, and connections are reasonably reliable.
    I would try a power cycle of the modem/router first just incase that was latched up.