Thread: AdFly - How do I get rid of it?

AdFly - How do I get rid of it?

Running Windows 10 & using Chrome as my browser. For the last week when I open Chrome I get a second tab for something referred to ad AdFly. I have no such extension in Chrome of any program like that when I check installed programs. I did some searching on the internet and see it is also referred to as Ad.Fly. I have tried a few of the recommendations but to no avail. Some said to search the directory for any reference to it. However, Regedit just seems to run and do nothing. I have let it go almost 10 minutes & it stills says it is running. I cancel the search and get the message that Regedit stopped working and Windows is looking for a solution. I don't think this is because I canceled the search, but not sure. Another recommendation was to search the disc for either spelling. When I search for Ad.Fly, I get the results shown in the attachment. I see they are Java scripts & that could be the problem, but not sure.

I have run Malewarebytes, SuperAntispy, and Kaspersky and they come up with nothing.Looking for any suggestions for next steps. Possibly delete those Java scripts, but am concerned about starting a new problem. Also wondering if Regedit works on Windows 10.

Thanks
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

Sorry, I forgot to add the results of the Ad.Flt searchAdFly search.JPG
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

Adfly will automatically open when you go to certain websites.

Are you using an adblocker or not? That's the first extension you should install. I recommend ublock Origin.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jbkeiagm?hl=en

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    ADFLY | Get paid to share your links on the Internet! Make money online!

Midknyte has listed a good stopper. I use it too.

I am willing to try that. Right now I have Ad.Block Plus as an extension. Think there may be a conflict?

uBlock Origin is better than Adblock Plus, but they use the same source adblocking lists. You'd use one or the other.

Like I said, Adfly is triggered when you go to certain websites. There is no local client installed.

Thanks, I disabled Ad Block and added uBlock.

You installed ublock Origin or just plain ublock? They are different forks. ublock Origin is by the original dev.

Sorry, it was uBlock Origin.