Thread: Windows 10 All Apps Folder Location

Windows 10 All Apps Folder Location

A few weeks ago I found a link on the Internet that showed the location of the Start/All Apps folder in File Explorer in Windows 10. I was able to move programs into folders I had created to to shrink down the size of the listing under All Apps. I decided I had more work to do, but cannot find the location again. Anyone know where to find this? If so, I swear this time I will make an entry for it in OneNote!

I have tried the Windows 10 Forum, but that hasn't yielded anything useful.

Thanks
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

Thanks Train. That was one of the results I did on searches also. When I try what they say though, I kinda get difference between the start menu & what file explorer shows. Maybe I am missing something or just making too much of a thing about this. See the two attached files, hopefully they are clear enough to read.

Start Menu.jpgFile explorer.JPG
    Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a form of government.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Well, been digging and hope this helps.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/225654/how-...on-windows-10/

Start menu shortcuts for your user account:
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    Start menu shortcuts for all users:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Interesting reading! ! !

Thanks again. I guess I just need to play with this a bit. I tried right clicking on an app that doesn't appear in the file explorer location I had open. It took me to another folder where some of the apps are. Very confusing. I'll have to see if maybe opening 2 instances of file explorer will allow me to swap between them and make changes.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Good luck.

I would print that page out, from the first link, and read it a BUNCH of times until I understood it before attempting.

Will do, thanks.