Thread: Win XP Movie Player

Win XP Movie Player

Ok, here's a real problem I've been having for two weeks. I actually made a movie fine in 2010. It shows all. jpgs, runs the song great and NO BLACK SCREEN. But now, I cannot get any new movies to work, and I have tried so many helps on other boards. I did notice when I saw a troubleshooter for checking all the .dll files in the WMM folder.It said to make all read only. So I did that. The actual windows program is V 2.1.4028.0 but the .dlls are all V 2.1.4026.0. (I don't really know what all this means, I'm following others' instructions. but I DID notice this.) Would this, the slight difference in file versions, make it not work correctly? The solution on the board was to upgrade , but I cannot find the .dlls online anywhere at all. I am still wanting to fix WMM because it is so very easy to work with and I like it. If there is no solution since Win XP is no longer supported anywhere, what decent, but not too complicated, other video/audio program could you reccommend that works with Win XP and doesn't cost too horribly much? Thank for any ideas, suggestions.

I still tried to find those dlls, but several people say to reinstall the program. I may try that first, but I did find Video Pad online to try in case WMM can't be fixed. I looked at the two suggested, but I want to make a few simple movies for fun instead of view others. I know this is a very old program and it is difficult to give help on these, but thanks anyway for the try. Have a nice day.

Ah. Your thread title said movie player, not maker. Good luck

Sorry I am very tired lately.