Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: can sites that check website up/down status be wrong?

Interesting this....
    According to w3bin.com, pri.org is hosted by Google. The hosting report (http://w3bin.com/domain/pri.org) indicates 3 related websites share the same Google Analytics account. I can't reach any of them. One shares the IP address with pri.org so no surprise there. But the other two share a completely different IP (74.121.194.131), which is hosted by another company.

It gets even weirder. As noted near the bottom of the hosting report for the domains that share 130.211.177.255, Google hosts an unrelated domain with an IP in the same range as pri.org (130.211.177.75, cuoibb.biz). I can't reach that site either! So, whatever is happening to me has *either* of two commonalities... a) related websites with same Analytics account with pri.org, irrespective of IP range, or b) all websites with IP's in the 130.211.177.xxx range (apparently there's only just the one).

You might be thinking this guy must have a lot of time on his hands. But you'd be wrong. When facing deadlines, I tend to get sucked into mindless distractions. Sigh.
    ASUS A8V Deluxe | AMD Opteron 185 | Hyper 6+ cooler | 4GB OCZ Platinum | NVidia 7600GS 512MB | modded Evercase LE4252 | Seasonic S12-II-330 | Barracuda 7200.10 250GB HDD | Plextor 740a | WinXP SP3

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You might be thinking this guy must have a lot of time on his hands. But you'd be wrong. When facing deadlines, I tend to get sucked into mindless distractions. Sigh.
    Guilty on this end also.

Since neither you or your isp can not reach them, it seems to me that your whole isp is banned. But if he used your IP address, then maybe just yours is banned.
    Back when zombie computers were more prevalent comcast had bunches of ip addresses blocked. Most irritating!
    Last edited by Train; 09-12-2015 at 08:38 AM.

The plot thickens. I confirmed that one of my neighbors who uses same ISP cannot access pri.org or other sites related to it. We share the same public IP (the IP of the router that serves this neighborhood). In other words, the IP assigned to my modem is not visible on the Internet. The ISP has microwave relays in different parts of the county, each with its own IP. At this point, I don't know if customers in other areas are affected. In any case, the facts seem to support the idea that these related websites have banned my public IP for whatever reason, rather than the other way around. I guess I should contact PRI's webmaster to investigate that possibility.
    Last edited by ginahoy; 09-12-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    ASUS A8V Deluxe | AMD Opteron 185 | Hyper 6+ cooler | 4GB OCZ Platinum | NVidia 7600GS 512MB | modded Evercase LE4252 | Seasonic S12-II-330 | Barracuda 7200.10 250GB HDD | Plextor 740a | WinXP SP3

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I have known that to work.