Thread: cONFUSED ON THIS ONE

cONFUSED ON THIS ONE

This is an e-machine, has been updated to millennium, Question is, I can get on internet but when I go to a certain site like Facebook it says page cannot be displayed, same if I go to Lottery, but can get on e-bay, I made sure these sites weren't blocked, so what else can be wrong. Thanks If you need more info let me know.

Windows ME came out before XP did...

If you're using Internet Explorer, it is probably too old to handle the newer internet pages... You could type a different browser like Fire Fox and maybe have better luck.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Hello Sharon, ME is so old, that yes we need a lot more infos. Have you run any anti spyware/virus, you have any other messages coming up? Are you using any other browsers?
    Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-b astard cream there is not..

Yep, the major problems with ME are:

1. No good antivirus available - you're dead in the water right there. You may be able to find an older AV program to install, but it won't update definitions, so...
    2. No modern browser available

If the PC is so old that it can't run a newer operating system, then it's time for the scrap heap. If you can run a newer OS, I recommend that you do so
    MS MCP, MCSE

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Sounds like a good Linux AntiX-15 or Puppy canidate.

thanks for the info-I do ve the vista cd to run, I,m going to try it-again thanks a lot for the fo

That should work. It does use a lot of memory. Make sure that you have at least 2GB RAM. Get more if you can. It's cheap.

www.crucial.com

You know, I still love Windows 2000. It's as stable as XP, but much smaller and faster. Unfortunately, I had to give it up for the above reasons. Hackers can get into both Me and 2000 in about 3 seconds.
    MS MCP, MCSE