Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Howdy
    Updating driver problem with Win 10

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...forced-updates

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Windows 10 upgrade and nagware/icon...

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d-nagware-icon

Ultimate Member
    Normally one can have multiple copies of OS on hdds. if one has decided to do win10-upgrade will the other win7-drives be blocked? so BPB, do you deny dualboot? too complicated, right?
    500gb SSD can be bought for 180 chf.
    For me-Dualcore PC only-it would be better first upgrading to win7-64 on 8gb RAM, leaving second partition free?
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

AFAIK, Microsoft will move your Windows License (Product Key/ID) from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Well, if you have a spare partition, then dual boot would be perfect. I was just suggesting the simplest way around any issue. I, for instance, am planning on backing up and then doing a straight upgrade, but only after verifying that Windows 10 works for the majority of people.

I am not sure about the exchange rate for Swiss Francs lately, but we pay about the same in dollars for a 500GB SSD.

Win 10 should work great on a dual core with 8GB RAM. That's what I'm using here. There are different grades of dual core though. This PC is fast, but a earlier Core 2 Duo laptop I have is slow - even with an SSD and 4GB (32 bit Windows). The PC has the last version of Core 2, which was quite good.

Yes, I would upgrade to Win7 x64 and leave a second partition. If you like Win10, you can clean up the C drive by deleting *only the folders* and shrink the first partition, making it a boot partition.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    On my old Dell Optiplex 755, I partitioned the hdd into 2 parts
    Installed win10 32 bit on the partition, installed win10 64 bit on the 2nd and it added the boot menu.

Have to double check, but the system reserve partition is about 350 MB.

Thanks BB.... Build 10162 running on i5 (refurbished Dell) and chundering along sweetly but the video ads just keep stalling stuff besides being incredibly annoying. Whoops, did I just criticise advertising? Shoot me! Shoot me now!

Not sure whether to buy old OS or jump in for 10. I'm pretty sure things are not going to go smoothly in mass adoption.... we'll see! Be well and it's still a brilliant avatar.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Dell refurbs rock!

Mass adoption...sounds frightening. Then again, the Apple lemmings have been marching for years.
    MS MCP, MCSE