Thread: Annoying problem I can't get rid of

Annoying problem I can't get rid of

This start page is worse than an In-Law to get rid of. I was greeted by a unknown source with a "Start-search" start page that opens my IE-11 and I can't get rid of it. I have tried every edit I know of but it's still there. msconfig, regedit etc.
    Windows 7, IE-11 I hesitate to reload IE-11 because I will lose all my saved junk.
    Any ideas, I hate the page but in order to go to my IE-11 homepage I have to request it, annoying useless page I don't want.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You have got malware
    download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
    • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool. https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewd.../1-adwcleaner/
    • Click on Scan button.
    • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
    • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
    • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

[list][*]Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.[*]Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".[*]The tool will open and start scanning your system.[*]Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.[*]On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    You have got malware
    download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
    • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool. https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewd.../1-adwcleaner/
    • Click on Scan button.
    • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
    • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
    • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

[list][*]Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.[*]Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".[*]The tool will open and start scanning your system.[*]Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.[*]On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
    Thanks Train, it appears like the program got rid of a lot of other garbage also.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    They do just that, why I like them and you have to get new copies as they do not have a updater in them.

For a 2nd check of your computer:

Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

• Double click the icon and select Run
    • Click Next
    • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
    • Click Install
    • Click Finish to launch the program
    • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
    • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
    • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
    • Click Exit to close the program