Thread: Is 4 years old too young for a tablet/computer?

Banned

Is 4 years old too young for a tablet/computer?

Yes by reading the question itself I could see how someone would immediately say no, however let me give you a background. My daughter is in PreK and her school is requiring her to complete a certain number of assignments by January on a website called IXL The thing is I have a very expensive macbook pro I refuse to let her touch and I also have an iPad. I m afraid to let her use either of these and I was considering purchasing a laptop or tablet with connected keyboard so that she could do the IXL assignments on that instead. Please give me your thoughts. (her school wants her completing 150 problems by January)

No, 4 years old is not too young for a tablet/computer, (with age-appropriate parental controls in place).

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    (with age-appropriate parental controls in place)
    Do not be surprised, but kids will ask other kids on how to beat a restriction and they will get the right answers on how to do that. Daughter has to keep a eye on the 2 boys because dad will not make a 1400 mile one way trip to just to fix her computer again.

No no, my offspring/relatives know better. At any time I can send a Lock or Delete command from my Lojack account to any and/or all of -MY- devices, (smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops). The next time the device connects to the Internet, my command will immediately be carried out.

Note: Absolute's patented Persistence Technology can survive a factory reset, hard wipe and even a replaced hard drive.