Thread: live.com or outlook.com email trouble

live.com or outlook.com email trouble

I'm getting this message below now when already in my account on TWO different computers.
    What can I do? I've googled for solutions and no luck. Is it possible this a temp thing for everyone? thanks

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to bay174.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

bay174.mail.live.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.gfx.ms, gfx1.hotmail.com, gfx2.hotmail.com, gfx3.hotmail.com, gfx4.hotmail.com, gfx5.hotmail.com, gfx6.hotmail.com, gfx7.hotmail.com, gfx8.hotmail.com, graphics.hotmail.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Mine fusses if I try with the second computer.

Was just about to start another thead then realized I already sent one. So no one has any idea? holy s__t this is annoying!
    Have to change my email address probably!

Close Firefox and then try running the command:

certutil -setreg chain\ChainCacheResyncFiletime @now

at an elevated cmd prompt.

Please indicate how to run elevated command prompt and with administrater command prompt? thanx

Elevated cmd prompt = Administrator cmd prompt.

Click the Windows Start orb, type cmd and in the list that appears, right-click the "cmd.exe" and select "Run as Administrator". That's it, you'll be at an elevated cmd prompt with Administrator privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Elevated cmd prompt = Administrator cmd prompt.

Click the Windows Start orb, type cmd and in the list that appears, right-click the "cmd.exe" and select "Run as Administrator". That's it, you'll be at an elevated cmd prompt with Administrator privileges.
    FYI - not sure if I fixed the problem or if its a work around but changing the DNS settings to google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. fixes it and lets me back in.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You had a bad dns server. Thanks for posting your fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    You had a bad dns server. Thanks for posting your fix.
    Can you help me understand? How does one get a dns server? is it automatic? and then a bad one to boot.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Ok the internet does not understand, sysopt.com, so it goes to a DNS server which tells it sysopt.com is 70.42.23.121
    Now the browser can route to here. All automatic as far as we are concerned.

I have read this a big number of times.

An often-used analogy to explain the Domain Name System is that it serves as the phone book for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses.
    Lots more here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System