Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adobe Flash pluggin

Not to my knowledge, no. If there were, it would probably be extremely popular.

Does the problem still occur when running in Safe mode with networking?

• If not, there may be a problem/conflict with something that runs in normal mode and not in Safe mode.
    • If yes, then I would try uninstalling, rebooting, and te-installing the latest versions of both Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave.

Also, click the Start orb, type in wuapp.exe and press [Enter], then make sure you have ALL available Windows updates.

Ultimate Member
    If Noscript-addon for Firefox is used, be aware flash will be disabled as default(java too).
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

I do not use Adobe Flash, (or Adobe Shockwave, or Javascript) in Firefox. If I need those capabilities I use a browser that is less "locked down".

I also do not have Java installed.

Ultimate Member
    For displaying 3dstereo-photos we need javascript if not yet html5-version of that viewer implemented on the website. googles youtube is experimenting 3dstereo-display. at the moment only with flash enabled(flash-plugin or cookie deleted if 3d-options(showing videos)are not available. html5-player must be deactivated also in chrome(special plugin).If necessary i can open a new thread about it.
    Java(i dont mean javascript) has implemented rigorous security-rules which means every viewer of a java-driven website must put that site to the java-whitelist in the java-console which is very complicated. Nobody will do that.
    I am in contact with an oracle-man to discuss the "burial" of JAVA.
    If only people would no the concept of using noscript and ghostery to fight supercookies. i could imagine java would then be not a big security-threat. right or wrong?
    Last edited by europanorama; 12-22-2014 at 02:14 AM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post

For displaying 3dstereo-photos we need javascript...
    "We"? Got a mouse in your pocket?

... if not yet html5-version of that viewer implemented on the website. googles youtube is experimenting 3dstereo-display. at the moment only with flash enabled(flash-plugin or cookie deleted if 3d-options(showing videos)are not available. html5-player must be deactivated also in chrome(special plugin).If necessary i can open a new thread about it.
    When I need it, I know how to enable javascript.

Java(i dont mean javascript) has implemented rigorous security-rules which means every viewer of a java-driven website must put that site to the java-whitelist in the java-console which is very complicated. Nobody will do that.
    I am in contact with an oracle-man to discuss the "burial" of JAVA.
    When and if I need Java, (hardly ever), I'll run it in an OS that's running in a disposable VM.

Note that many companies depend on Java.

If only people would no the concept of using noscript and ghostery to fight supercookies. i could imagine java would then be not a big security-threat. right or wrong?
    Noscript disables javascript and Ghostery blocks trackers, neither of which have anything to do with Java.

--

Java.com > How is JavaScript different from Java?
    The JavaScript programming language, developed by Netscape, Inc., is not part of the Java platform.

JavaScript does not create applets or stand-alone applications. In its most common form, JavaScript resides inside HTML documents, and can provide levels of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.

Key differences between Java and JavaScript:

• Java is an OOP programming language
      while
      JavaScript is an OOP scripting language.

• Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.

• Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.

• They require different plug-ins.

For additional information about JavaScript, visit Mozilla.org

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Java and java script are totally different like apples and oranges.

Ultimate Member
    Tell this the creators or noscript..... Java(trademark) verbieten(vorbidden) with checkbox there....?????? login in terabyteunlimited-registration worked after unchecking "JAVA".
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    When and if I need Java, (hardly ever), I'll run it in an OS that's running in a disposable VM.
    Which ones?
    --------------------
    Note that many companies depend on Java.
    And the customers too which must whitelist this site....
    as i said i will discuss this with an oracle-man or two.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Any available. I'm more familiar with Windows and Parallels Workstation though.