Thread: Logitech Solar App

Logitech Solar App

I recently purchased a Logitech wireless keyboard K750 for my laptop. It is a solar charged keyboard. It works just as I had intended. However, the solar app which is supposed to help me keep track of its charge and other features, does not recognize the keyboard. I have attempted all the troubleshooting solutions and nothing happens to correct the problem.

My laptop is an HP with the Intel Core i3-310M CPU with 6GB ram, 64 bit processor running Windows 8.1 Pro.

It's not a major malfunction, just an annoyance, but I'd like to solve it if possible.

Thanks.

Lifetime Friend of Staff

Thank you for your reply. But I have found no solutions to this in the knowledge base or in the forums. There appears to be nothing addressing the issue which results in a solution which works for me.

Did you install the Solar app and the Unifying software?
    https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/7454

Are you connecting the USB receiver to a USB 2.0 port? USB 3.0 ports can cause problems for wireless keyboards.
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Commun...ce/ba-p/938826

Otherwise, you might want to contact Logitech support.

Thank you for you reply.

Yes, I installed both the Solar app and the unifying software. This keyboard was replacing a previous wireless keyboard. I also have a wireless trackball connected via the receiver. I'm not sure whether it is installed in a 2.0 or 3.0 port. I do know that the keyboard and trackball work flawlessly. It is just the Solar App which is not detecting the keyboard.

The unifying receiver is in a USB 2.0 port.

Your best bet is to contact Logitech support then. It might be an issue with Win8.1.