Thread: Surface Pro and Wireless Flash Drive

Surface Pro and Wireless Flash Drive

I have an original Surface Pro running Windows 8.1 Pro. I purchased a 64 Gb SanDisk Wireless Flash Drive for use with it. And the Surface will NOT recognize the drive. I have inserted the drive into the USB port of the Surface and get the message "USB device not recognized". I have attempted all the troubleshooting solutions found online without success. I have attempted to connect with it wirelessly, but while it will connect, the connection is limited and it does not show up in the Network connections, and I cannot access the drive that way. I have upgraded the firmware on the SanDisk drive without any effect on the problem. I can take the 64 Gb micro card out of the flash drive and insert it into the card drive on the Surface, and it recognizes the card without any problem. I have tried putting a blank 64 GB card into the flash drive without any success. I still get the error message. The tech guy at my local Staples was stumped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I forgot to add that both my laptop and my desktop recognize the wireless flash drive in a usb port without any problems. Since both the laptop and the desktop are connected to networks, I have not attempted to connect to the flash drive wirelessly with them.

Again, thanks.

I have attempted to connect with it wirelessly, but while it will connect, the connection is limited and it does not show up in the Network connections, and I cannot access the drive that way.
    According to the video, you are supposed to use a web browser to access the content.
    www.sandisk.com/WFD

Did you look at the tutorial videos?
    http://www.sandisk.com/products/wireless/flash-drive/

Thank you for your reply.

For some reason, the videos would not play on my laptop, and I did not have time over the weekend to view them on my desktop. But the link worked. Thank you very much. I now have a fully functioning wireless flash drive.