Thread: Printer won't work

Printer won't work

I have a windows 7 HP computer and also have a HP Photosmart 7350 printer. Now this printer was working fine w/ my computer, using another driver, until I had a new hard drive installed last week.

I see the 7350 isn't compatible with windows 7 and I'm not sure which deskjet I switched to before (maybe 5600 or 5550)

Anyway I looked it up and it to install the deskjet 5550 which I did and I printed out the test page and it seemed to be correctly installed. However after printing the test page it stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and this last time It said that using the recommended deskjet 5550 could damage my computer.

So now what??

any suggestions would be great..

One solution would be to get a printer that's compatible with Windows 7.

it is suppose to work , and did print out the test page..using deskjet 5550, I have gone to HP and been informed to use deskjet 5550. I am simply trying to get information on what would cause it to print the test page and nothing else.

The test page is stored in memory in the printer. In other words, it doesn't even need a computer connected to it to print its own test page.