Thread: no ps\2 plugins on mb & usb stoped working

Question no ps\2 plugins on mb & usb stoped working

I have a intel board DG41B1-AA E82430-100. All usb ports and plugins have stopped working and he says has used it this way for long time because the usb keyboard and mouse will start working when win 7 starts up.
    Now win 7 needs disk to fix start up but k.b & mouse don't work to OK the cd startup.I resit the bios jumper but bios still wont find k.b at start up.
    All caps show good also have put 2 diff pci usb cards on & they wont work.
    Can you help me out on this one train if so Ill learn something new. thks buttercup

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Go into BIOS and set the USB to legacy. Maybe more that one place you have to change the settings to get the USB KB and mouse to work.

Just so you know, a bad shutdown, anything other that Start, shutdown, has been known to reset the darn BIOS.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    If that does not work, a possible fix

https://www.google.com/search?q=ps2+...w=1371&bih=889

The bios does not find the usb so cant get into bios by pushing F2. This m.b. has no ps\2 to plug in ps\2 keyboard.
    Have reset bios jumper to default but still wont find usb k.b.

This for the heads up on pci ps\2 will try to find one and let you know.Have some for the old dell 280 but wont fit anything else.

ALL the places I looked had this on pci ps\2 cards.
    Keyboard or mouse cannot be used in DOS or using a bootable disk or for entering BIOS. This is not supported.
    So if you get into trouble (need to boot from a CD/DVD, enter BIOS/Setup, or hit a function key like F8 during bootup) you will not be able to use you PS/2 mouse or keyboard it merely seems to convert the PS-2 to USB.
    I found out there is a lot of new m.b. with out ps\2 that does the same thing.
    The main thing Iv gained from all this is do not buy a m.b. or pc that does not have a ps\2 plugin.
    But thks for trying.