Thread: Where can I find a replacement for this motherboard?

Where can I find a replacement for this motherboard?

So, I inherited some relic (okay, well its from 1995 so maybe not that much of a relic ) server which I wanted to get running again. The only problem is...it won't even post.

The reason it won't post is the soldered on battery leaked out and eroded quite a significant section of the board, causing it not to be able to post. Seems to power on, and the old SCSI drives will spin up to life but..that's about it.

The motherboard is a Supermicro P6SNS, some kind of AT form factor. Has an Intel Pentium Pro CPU and some old style SCSI hard drives and a boat load of EDO ram. I've been trying to search around for a replacement, but am a bit unsure what would be a fitting replacement for it. I also know it has the Intel 440FX chipset.

Anyone out there have any recommendations?

EDIT: I have pictures. Link
    Last edited by rockinup1231; 07-22-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Unless you can redo the traces, but it could be damaged between the layers too. Don't think I would mess with any more.

RE-PC has a online store and handle older equipment.
    http://www.repc.com/

Oh wow, I forgot about RE-PC. In any case I see some possible boards I could use. If I can catch a good price on one that seems the appropriate way to go.

As for repairing the traces, I tested continuity on all of the damaged traces. Only one of them still reads good, sadly. But given the price of a new board, I might give it a try. I'd likely have to solder wire from contact to contact to get a clean contact point, though.

Thank you Train.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Good luck getting it to work.

Been in their Tukwilla store shopping a few times. Why I tend to remember them.