Thread: Wifi Repeaters, Extenders, that kinda thing...

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Wifi Repeaters, Extenders, that kinda thing...

I live in a Faraday Cage, (Steel Box) So getting anything radio to work is a pain..... I have managed to get a 4 station cordless phone setup to "Go" without constantly dropping calls or doing a "Max Headroom" style stutter..... But I'm having issues with a tablet (Blackberry) & keeping a connection..... Does anyone have any words to the wise ?

My buddy has one of these, and they can work to deploy a strong WiFi network or pick up weak ones.

Ubiquity Bullet: http://www.ubnt.com/bullet

Just a few weeks ago we attached a 12 dB gain, 2.4 Ghz antenna to it and threw it up in a tree at the park. Its powered over ethernet so we were able to use it from the car to sniff out wireless networks.

We picked up and were able to use one of the local Meraki wifi mesh nodes from over a mile away. Wasn't even line of sight.

As an access point they put out 1000 mW on their own, but are adjustable. One of these with a good antenna may be sufficient.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Now thats a thought :@)