Thread: LG Drivers

Post LG Drivers

Both of my LG optical drives have the code 39 error. I have tried uninstalling and rebooting, to no avail. Drivers are very hard to find. I did find firmware updates, but I don't want to install them without first installing the drivers. Also, my BIOS default is "No" for plug and play. Is that correct for a Dell that shipped with ME, and on which I have since installed XP Home as well?

I believe the cause of the error is because I uninstalled Nero. I have the original CD with Nero and the drivers for the D/L LG, but of course that's a catch-22.

Thanks.
    Dell PIII 1000MHz, Maxtor 30GB Maxtor 20GB, Western Digital 10GB, Seagate SATA 250GB 7200, LG DVDRW D/L, LG DVD-ROM, HP DeskJet 1120C, Canon BJC-2000, BJC-2100, HP PSC 750xi, Dual-Boot (XP SP3 Home - ME), etc.

Google "code 39 error" to see tons of stuff.

I would set the Plug n Pray option in the BIOS to yes.

Thanks for the reply.

I have changed the setting to "Yes", and still getting the code 39, which I have Googled.
    Dell PIII 1000MHz, Maxtor 30GB Maxtor 20GB, Western Digital 10GB, Seagate SATA 250GB 7200, LG DVDRW D/L, LG DVD-ROM, HP DeskJet 1120C, Canon BJC-2000, BJC-2100, HP PSC 750xi, Dual-Boot (XP SP3 Home - ME), etc.

I doubt it has anything to do with drivers. ATAPI devices generally don't have them.

If you have any Roxio products, you might want to uninstall them.

Try the filters fix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

That fix worked like a charm! Thanks so much. You saved me a lot of time and aggravation. I used Revo Uninstaller a few days ago, and that's when I noticed this issue. RU found almost 4000 Nero files. I wonder if one of them was the culprit?

The only Roxio product I had was a program that came with a 4 port USB PCI card that I installed years ago. I seemed to be causing issues, so I uninstalled it some time ago. Same with Roxio EZ CD Creator I think it was called. What's up with Roxio? Are all their programs problematic?

Thanks again.