Thread: Really Nice Info on Power Supplies

Really Nice Info on Power Supplies

Tom's Hardware comes through again:

Who's Who In Power Supplies: Brands, Labels, And OEMs
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-oem,2729.html

Very cool article.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

Made me check the "E' number on the UL page for my Cooler Master 700M.
    Made by AcBel I guess, I have yet to use it. It only has two PCI-e 6x2 connectors (All that I need, if I was going with more than two video cards I would want more power anyway) This will handle a single 5770 anyway, more my style. It does have Japanese capacitors, but without removing the cover while in a store, how would you know their ratings? It seemed to have most of what I wanted and at $132 (Retail store) it was not cheap. It is a single +12V rail

I was surprised that the article did not discuss rails.
    Yeesss! I'm really Pandaz3 in disguise.

abit NF7-S, KV-7, UL8, AN8 Fata1ty, AT8 32X; Asrock 939 Dual Sata II (2), 939 Dual VSTA; ASUS A8N-VM CSM, A8N-E (Dead); DFI NFII-400 AL; EPoX 8RDA6+Pro (2), 9NPA+ Ultra; Gigabyte K8VM800M (2); MSI K9A2 CF

Not only nice one.. great dear...

Steve, Thanks for the info and links. Well worth any PC user or builders time to ponder and go over.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

damaged

my computer has been damaged due to floods coming into our place.Now, my power supply was damaged,so may I ask if its a possibility that it can be repair and use it again or not?

Quote Originally Posted by floodedbasement View Post
    my computer has been damaged due to floods coming into our place.Now, my power supply was damaged,so may I ask if its a possibility that it can be repair and use it again or not?
    Depends on the nature of the damage but usually not worth repairing a PSU unless it is something simple like a blown fuse. Water will cause corrosion to the tracks and solder joints.

Very good article
    thanks

Banned
    Thanks for the info and links. Well worth any PC user or builders time to ponder and go over

thanks for sharing this, really nice information or you can say article.