Thread: Windows 7 - VirtualApp\Didlogical

Hybrid View

Windows 7 - VirtualApp\Didlogical

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted a serious question here - I've had a lot of trouble logging in after I switched computers... Anyway I've now solved that problem and have an issue that seems to have drawn a blank with regards to finding an answer and thought maybe someone here might be able to point me in the direction of a definitive solution\answer to this query.

Query: In Credential Manager under Generic Credentials there is an entry that I have not entered manually and I'm worried that it could be harvesting other entry information (i.e. windows live entries are stored in the same location)! The entry in question is VirtualApp\Didlogical.

I've made a few enquiries regarding the entry and it seems to be appearing on many other Windows 7 installs, with the users unaware where the entry came from or what it's for! My gut instinct is that it may be for a skype type of online vocal communication that is used in Windows Live Messenger! My reasoning for this belief is that "DID Logic" is a type of VOIP company registered in the US and I have only fairly recently used VOIP on this machine, so it seems logical (pardon the pun) that this could be the source of the entry - or not, as the case may be.

My concern is that this entry has not given me any notification of its install, and hence it could have malicious intentions. Any help with it's identification would be appreciated.

TIA.

S

Hi Strawbs. Are you by chance running Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant?

Hey Tunza,

yes, I have that and use it daily. Is this where the didlogic entry comes from?

It's just that it seems to be the only program common to those who have noticed it, but out of curiousity, I just installed it along with a couple other Windows "Essentials" and Didlogical has not shown up, so I appear to be on the wrong track with this one.
    The generic section is where third party apps can create credentials for running their own programs or logging into their own sites, so it could be just about anything. Are you running any virtual apps?

Right! did a search in the start menu for "Did Logic" (I don't know why I never thought of that before ) and it brought up a file that originates in an app called VirtualDJ which I installed a couple of months ago.

I used to run this on my Vista laptop and know it connects to a server for database updates & net streaming music. But it seems it creates its own credentials on install ...which I didn't know, as I've never used the Netstream feature! your insight into the Generic Credentials being for 3rd party apps is what prompted me to search my start menu for references to Did Logic and it came up trumps. I have now removed the entry - it only remains to see if it reappears when I next run the program.

Thanks very much for your time on this Tunza, I appreciate your insight.

S.
    Last edited by Strawbs; 04-09-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Didlogical Solved

Nice work Strawbs.