Thread: Domain user how to associtae different email address to him/her

Domain user how to associtae different email address to him/her

Hi

We are using Active Directory with Exchange server 2003 and client PCs are XP SP3.

I have got a user Allen (his position is a manager) currently he is using an object user called NMA with an associated email address : info@123.com.in ,,,,(fake address)

Right now he has got 230 555 items in that mailboxes (info@123.com.in).

He asked me that he wants to use a different email address because his position in a company is a manager and he should not be using the info@123.com.in.,,,instaed he should be using: manger@123.com.in

When I checked " Active Directory Users and Computers " I have seen an user object for a manger (created while ago, not by me) with an email associated to it as manger@123.com.in (no one is using it) ,,,,,,has few emails 95 in it (95 items)

1- How can I migrate (move) all emails and profiles from previous outlook for info@123.com.in to manager@123.com.in ????

2- I do not like to disbale info@123.com.in,,,,because it will be used by another employee not by Allen any more

3- Is there away that we can keep 95 items within the manger@123.com.in ?

Note: Allen (manager) does not like to have two emails accounts attached to the same mailbox,,,,he needs to have only manager@123.com.in and info@123.com.in will be used by another employee

Thanks

I don't think you need to change anything in the active directory.

You need t set up Allen's machine to check the proper e-mail address and move all the messages from the Exchange folder for the bad address to allen's address folder. Once that is done, Allen must start asking clients to use the proper e-mail address or you system will continue to send his manager messages to the other mailbox.
    -- Mathias

and move all the messages from the Exchange folder for the bad address to allen's address folder.
    Could you please advise how to do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    I am sorry to be vague on that point. I am a Lotus Domino Admin. I do not have enough experience with exchange to be precise.

I think you have to export the exchange data to a personal folders file (see the outlook help file). Delete the e-mail address you do not want to use from Allen's outlook client. Once that is done I think exchange will delete everything from outlook. You can then set up the corrected address and import the previous messages. They will imported to the correct exchange mailbox. You will then have to have allens users start using the new address. You may want to have allen send an e-mail to each of his contacts advising them of the change.
    -- Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Did you get a chance to look at Exmerge?