The problem: Recently, my PC started crashing during game play with fatal errors, then eventually i started getting blue screens of death. I ran a chkdsk and it said "The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems." So I reformmated my harddrive ( it was a new system didnt care much for the files) and immediately after reformatting I ran another chkdsk and it said again: The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems ... .

Now I ran both the quick test and advanced test with hitachi's DFT, and everything came out as successful code 0x00. RAMTest86 said everything was fine, and the test ran successfully through 4 runs.

Other background info:

One of my sticks of RAM was bad and that was replaced by the company, my motherboard was fried as well and that had to be returned, also my video card was replaced, all within 2 months of the purchase of the PC. Things were working fine for awhile before these random crashes started happening. A few viruses were found from my dad carelessly downloading on limewire but those were taken care of.

Also since those new parts were installed on the PC, my original OEM windows XP CD would not work so I got an ISO of an XP CD with SP2 on it (cuz my old one was SP1). During the installation of the XP with SP2, a file per_seg5.swf could not be installed.

My questions to you are:

1.) Should I suspect a hardware problem?

2.) Could the inability for the per_seg5.swf file be the cause of why the volume has one or more unrecoverable errors?

I really need to know soon so I can make an accurate decision of whether or not to send in the PC again. If nothing's found hardware wise i gotta pay the fee for shipping both ways PLUS a 100$ penalty.

Thanks in advance!