Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Having a bad exp. with NewEgg. Don't send a check

Now you all can see the price of the social safety net your state politicians have stuck you with, but there's something else your money's disappearing on - or into, like someone's pockets. Our real estate taxes were $1566 last year on a house worth $200,000 here ($350,000 or so up north; taxable value $94,000) and we have a 6% sales tax, no state income tax. We have most of the safety net, and it's no-frills, the kind that encourges people not to stay on it too long. $50,000 income goes a long way here.

Granted, we get a homestead exemption on the property tax; but, even when a home reverts to full value when it's sold, the new tax bill isn't much more than $3400 on a $200,000 house. There are other factors, but all things considered it's a lot less expensive here.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    Why not just use paypal? its alot easier then using checks
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Stay out of the Seattle, King county area.

$184,000 home and the taxes were $4800 2 years ago.
    I hear they are worse now.

I remember that all too well. We moved here from Snohomish County (Lynnwood, just south of Everett and Paine Field) in 1997 and we couldn't begin to afford a house out there at the time. We started with nothing here and had the down payment saved up in four years' time. Out there, making the same $$, we were living paycheck to paycheck.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

LOL Yeah.. some people work for a living and have families. Hope things work out for ya... Not knowing the details, it seems like your doing just fine along those lines. Kind of makes me a bit jealous..

Thats the ticket alright. Land..,a house, and the good life. I bet you will get to play some golf before i do.. My body is not what it used to be, but i think i could get in 18 good holes somewhere.
    When I was growing up, we moved right next to a golf course, where i got to play alot. Back then I had this 'junior card', and only had to pay 50 cents for nine holes. Fees on public courses here ( we have several her in town ), are around $20 or a little more now. How the times have changed, but thenthat was over 30 years ago.
    My lowest handicap was 3. pretty good for me. I had talent.

Cost of livng is alot higher back east. We used to have this motto in Oregon that said, 'please feel free to come and visit but don't move here. Then all the filthy rich Californians came here, bought up alot of good property and or real estate, and rates and cost of skyrocketed.
    My little sis's house she just moved from, was appraised ar around 290 grand. very little land around that. None to speak of.
    Being as that is, here in ZOregon, we still have alot of land for sale everywhere. Esp. outside the city and around the state.

Washington and Oregon are just nice places to live. OH.., it does not rain here as much as othes think. Not with the global climate shifts the way thier shifting. NO snow on lower elev. at all this year. I hate that. I love the snow. Go just 35 miles east and the cascades had record number oof inches this year. lol
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 05-17-2008 at 04:48 PM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    A lot of towns / counties offer signifigant discounts to seniors (usually over 60)
    I know if I stay in Wayne, NJ when I hit that age, golf at local muni course will
    be dirt cheap. For non seniors it is costly, running on average $50 - $60 per
    round, with the motor cart, not including the cost of any lost golf balls.

Don't remind me. I'm approching sixty myself. ( 57 )LOL

There's always putt putt. haha! I think if a person has survived and lived in this country for like, lets say 70 Yrs. old, they ott to be able to get a free pass, and that included most anything in life. On that note, the middle class and middle age groups still take most of the brunt of higher taxes, and cost of living. After all, i would assume they are looked upon as the bread winners that holds this whole mess together.

Just don't lose any balls bruce. Play with practice balls, or ones dug out of the water hazards. At that age, whos to care if your playing a 'Titlest One' or Nike?
    Unless your in tip top shape, a golf cart is a must I guess. Me.., i'm old world and traditional. I've always carried my own clubs. That is , unless my bad left knee does'nt start acting up again.
    We ahve this one course close to Sandy,Ore., called 'Boring'. It is literally a mountain goat refuge of sorts. For that even I use a golf cart. After playing that,one can ssume you've gotten enough excersize for the entire year LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Born in 1952 so this August, I complete 56 and
    start mt 57th year .. only a year behind you. As to
    golf balls, yes, I pickup any in the woods or ponds
    especially if my ball may have gone in there. I don't
    use Titlest or Nike as they are very pricey. I do like
    Pinnacle or even the Noodle .. nice ball

haha..LOl 1951 for me. Its why i use the rabbit as my avatar. Year of the Rabbit.

Soo, your a Leo huh? Intersting. My mom was a Leo. Wrose thing that happened in our relative chain, was when she died. 1977 of breast cancer. Sad endng to her life. My birthday is on Dec. 20th, so that makes me only eight months older. Not much. LOL

Yeah.. what is typ. is to use pond balls on the water hazard holes and better balls only if you know it waon't end up in somebodies backyard. City course are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Well wonders never cease. I was already to cancel my order and today , and so i just looked at my email, and the order was just shipped. The girl I dissed kept telling me two more days, and I never believed her. Guess that was a bit rash.

Still, it puzzles me as to why they couldn't have told me when they got my check. Checks clear in one day these days, so maybe the mail was slow for whatever reason. I liive on west coast and NewEgg is in California. Takes 3-4 days tops.

No matter. i guess i'm happy now. I'm just so glad that i waited and did not cancel it, otherwise another two weeks or waiting for another vendor.

Now ..i'm a bit concerned my PSU can handle the card. Another main poster here has a 8800GTX card and running a higher end system with the same 12V amperage and about the same maker and style PS and obviouly he's doing ok. This card uses less power, or so they say. LOL
    Rabbit

Power Suppy Calculator:
    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp

You should be fine...I only have a 430 watt antec true power and I run

1 8800GT EVGA (new)
    1 Asrock-775Dual-VSTA
    2 stick 512mb Crucial ddr PC3200 Ram
    5 80mm case fan/one with led
    1 floppy
    2 SATA Raptor 36 gig hard drives
    2 Ide hard drives
    1 Floppy
    2 IDE Optical drives
    1 Sata Optical drive
    1 pci- to sata controler card

No sound card...onboard sound
    PS is older unit...like 2-3 years old...does not seem to break a sweat

The 9600 series is supposed to use a little less power then the 8800gt...and I also had the overclocked version for test...also at first...I had a 4th optical drive along with a second pci-to-sata controler card...I took out the 4th optical drive and controler card out as I did not want to push my luck..

I am shopping for a power supply nest though...I am thinking antech earthwatts (or something like that)...sale at the egg right now for $59 plus shipping with code they sent in email...
    Last edited by Roadhog; 05-17-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Thks for the input RH. TBH, I don't think i'm pushing a whole lot with what i have now. Only two HD's. one CPU, one sound card, and only one DVD device. I was thinkng more along the lines of one single rail amp. output, but i think with two rails i'm getting way over 36 and then some. It came with (2) PCIE six pin connectors,so it must be able to handle some card oand even SLI mode.

The card is rated at 680 X 1900MHZ. That should be able to do something hey?

Monday just can't get here soon enough.. LOL

Ultimate Member
    No, not a Leo .. A Virgo .. aug 28

Thks for the input RH. TBH, I don't think i'm pushing a whole lot with what i have now. Only two HD's. one CPU, one sound card, and only one DVD device. I was thinkng more along the lines of one single rail amp. output, but i think with two rails i'm getting way over 36 and then some. It came with (2) PCIE six pin connectors,so it must be able to handle some card oand even SLI mode.

The card is rated at 680 X 1900MHZ. That should be able to do something hey?

Monday just can't get here soon enough.. LOL
    Rabbit

The 8800gt I have seemed to be rated pretty equal to the 9600 series..I had a hard time making up my mind between the 8800GT and the 9600GT. I got a 8800GT EVGA overclocked version from Circuit City.(for testing)..so I knew the 8800gt would run ok.and fit...I would have kept the 8800GT o/c from circuit city...but the price was $100 difference. The 8800GT is a BIG..LONG card...I had to re-position the hard drives to make room..I have the 1030 antec case(If I remember correctly)...the very large tower case.

Any way to get to the point...I got no improvement when over clocking the video card in 3dmark05 and 3dmark06. I had to overclock my cpu to get improvement...so I am still bottlenecked at the cpu (E6400 core2 duo..over clocked to just over E6600 speed. I am not sure how your amd rates compared to an e6400/e6600..but be aware..it takes a powerful cpu to keep up with that card you are getting.

On top of that...my asrock mobo is not the best when it comes to pci-x vid cards...something about not true 16x pci-x slot?

My next step...when I have more money...will be a power supply...new mobo..and ddrII memory...and use the left over parts for a build for my wife.

Even with my cpu and mobo restrictions...it is still a far more powerful card then my agp x800xt AIW (which I still think is a decent little card).

You should be thrilled with the new card rabbit...good luck and report back lol

Sorry bruceb. I didn't know just when your birthday was on. MY 'Dad' was a Virgo LOL ( my sign being a Sagg. is encumbered with virgo/libra moon, Ares rising and a whole lot of capricorn .. for the record )

Some good info there 'Roadhog' This CPU is nice, but i would guess the C2D 6600 bit better. Its powerful enough. TBH, if one read the reviews, its one of the better top of the line , due to its mutiplier versus memory rating. I'm still a novice on those things.

The card is long. No issue with moving a HD, as i have plenty of room in this full tower. I have two PCIE slots to boot. About the same length as the 8800GT.

I normally never ever OC, but someday i might. I need a new CPU cooler, as my other broke some time back ( actually i found it had only a 3 pin connector and that was a problem ). Using the cheap stock one now. kinda worries me some, buit it works fine.

Crossing my fingers, as we all do with new things we buy. Have a feeling it will be just fine, but 'will do'. of course i'll write back somewhere and report howit went and what i think. LOL

When i once only use T.Direct, my issues were on the line of wrong address changes on my shipping address. The check got there OK, and they are based in Florida, but ship out of Chicago,ILL. That's odd.
    They probably "Drop Ship" from their distributor. You place an order and they immediately place an order to their distributor with your shipping address. The distributor puts the e-tailers invoice it the shipment to you, it seems to come from the e-tailer, but really doesn't
    Rig 1, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400 Blackie, 2 X 2048 AData, MSI 3870; Rig 2, MSI K9A2 CF, 5000 Blackie, 2 X 1024 Patriot PC6400, ATI X1900 XT, Rig 3, Abit AN8 Fatal1ty, Opteron 185, 2 X 1024 Corsair PC3200C2PT ATI X1950 XTX Rig 4 Abit UL8 3800 X850 Pro