1) Clean off delete all temp files off your machine, with ccleaner.com or other, or just go to Local Settings, Temp (have to unhide these files to see them). VITAL!!!
2) Close all internet windows open, VITAL!!!
3) Close HP photo digital imaging monitor in task tray, if you have a high end HP printer installed like I do, HP C7180, I found it interfered w/ installations.
4) Run Zip file link above
5) Immediately close Microsoft.com update internet window where you got zip file, or it won't work!!!
6) direct it to fix all versions of .NET, may need to restart computer
7) repeat steps 1-3
8) Open Windows update check for updates, custom install should have 3-4 packages to update
9) Update only one at a time, start with .NET FRAMEWORK version 1.1 Service Pack 1
10) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3
11) Open windows update check for updates, custom, may have KB928366 OR KB110806, ONLY run one update at a time.
12) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3
13) open windows update, check for updates, custom install should have KB829019 .NET 2.0:X86 run install
14) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3
15) open windows update custom install, KB928416 .NET 3.0
86 should be last one.
16) restart computer
17) May get a few anomoly error messages documentviewer.msi missing or can't find photogallery, will have to resolve these later, end messages running with "WINDOWS TASK MANAGER" to move on.