Thread: Music CD creation question

Music CD creation question

Basically a friend of mine gave me his xbox. The thing has only been used for about two months, but then it got abandoned and ultimately put away until now. So it's pretty new.

Anyway I wanted to make use of the custom playlist feature inherit in most the games I got for the system, and in order to do that I need to get music onto the hard disk. However, I can't seem to figure out how to make an audio cd that will get read by the console. I know that it can read them because it reads any ordinary audio cd, and I've tried both my drives to burn the cd, and nothing helped. I also know that my Memorex brand CD-R medium I use (the blank cd's) is supposed to work fine in the xbox and be read.

I have been trying to use Windows Media Player 11 to make these audio cd's. I had the program burn them in typical .cda format and the past two tries ended in the same result. Any idea of what I'm missing?

Thanks
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Why didn't you just copy the tracks you wanted when you had the original cd's in the Xbox. You might try using cd-rw media instead for custom cd's. Also, be sure you have the latest dashboard, it will help with media recognition among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmech
    original cd's
    By original cd do you mean the original cd that the music came from? I don't have them all anymore. It's from friend's cd's, p2p programs (I adandoned them earlier this year because I don't wanna be one of the people to get caught using something like limewire...), and some is from online music stores.

I have dial up so I don't use Xbox Live. Thus I can't get any updates for the console. Plus I myself nor my parents can afford it so that's not happening.

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. Been kinda busy all month.

CD-RW's? I thought they were more unreliable.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Yea, the original store bought cd's.

CD/RW's can be better, plus you won't be wasting CDR's . Look, any CD or DVD burner player needs updated firmware for media support. If I was you I would be asking some friends who use Xbox Live to help you out.

Here is a media faq to help out.

Okay well thanks for the help. I know a few people that use Xbox Live but I never really thought that an update for the xbox was an option or even a possible solution.

That FAQ also mentioned quite a few things I never really considered, but acknowledge now. Thanks once again Rocketmech

Oh and I just have to say this...

Merry Xmas everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rockinup1231
    Oh and I just have to say this...

Merry Xmas everyone!
    Aww, you didn't have to say that!

But it was beautiful T.T

Fascinating FAQ there, rocketmech

-GM