Thread: Ekk! Sli Problems

Ekk! Sli Problems

So...my friend gave me a second 7900gt, but i couldn't use due to the lack of power. So i bought a brand new 750w cooler master, hooked it all up and......welll...... it sorta works. Nvidia control panel detects it, but nothing else does. I've flip flopped the cards and ran them by them selves and they working fine. Is there another way to enable sli other than in the Ncp?

Pls help im going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Once that first Bullet goes past your head, politics and all that **** goes right out the window"
    -SFC Gibson

which OS? did you update your drivers?

http://peripherals.about.com/od/vide.../enablesli.htm

did you install the SLI connector board?

Xp Pro, i have the lastest drives(just came out today) i dunno wuts going. The only app that detects Sli is the Nvidia control panel and its enabled there. both cards work so im thinking its my mobo....****
    "Once that first Bullet goes past your head, politics and all that **** goes right out the window"
    -SFC Gibson

Did you install the SLI connector bridge?
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

thats just the little bar that connects the 2 cards right, if so yes.
    -SFC Gibson

what MB do you have? some of them had a board you had to flip for single or dual cards.

Msi P6N platnium sli, it one of those boards but i flipped the card alreay, the 8x/8x sli tittle is pointing upward with the arrows
    -SFC Gibson

So the nvidia control panel says SLI is enabled? what other programs are you using to check it? some games don't support SLI period.

CS:S stress test, i can tell performance wise(i actually get better fps with 1 card) and 3dmark 06, it doesn't detect the second card.
    -SFC Gibson

check the "advanced settings - SLI rendering mode" in the nvidia control panel. Make sure it says "auto select" instead of "single gpu".

http://www.directron.com/whatissli.html

i changed it to forced split frame, wyt im thinking is that my mobo sucks, when in sli the pcie slots turn in to 8x/8x therefore leading to crappier performance, when in single card mode its in 16X so its better
    -SFC Gibson

8x/8x won't kill your performance. I have a feeling you still don't have the right settings.

Take a look at nhancer to help with the SLI profiles.
    http://www.nhancer.com/

I'm guessing you already patched your 3dmark06 up the latest level also.