Thread: Help New Build

Help New Build

This is my first time that I build a pc assemble all the parts all went smooth until by accident the plug of the pc came out of wall socket.. I was running WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SET UP AT THE TIME it was formatting Hard Drive. Now when I boot up the computer it says verifying DMI Pool Data, Boot from CD, Boot from CD, Press any key to boot from CD, Error loading up operating system and it just hangs doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by JuanCee; 12-12-2007 at 12:29 PM.

System specs are Abit P35 Pro motherboard, 2xSata Seagate 320 GB Hard Drive, Intel Quad Core 6600, Asus DVD DRIVE, LITE ON DVD BURNER, NO FLOPPY DRIVE..

format

Hi,
    Try the Segate site and download the Acronis formatting software and then start again. ITs very good and free.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanCee
    This is my first time that I build a pc assemble all the parts all went smooth until by accident the plug of the pc came out of wall socket.. I was running WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SET UP AT THE TIME it was formatting Hard Drive. Now when I boot up the computer it says verifying DMI Pool Data, Boot from CD, Boot from CD, Press any key to boot from CD, Error loading up operating system and it just hangs doesn't do anything.
    It never finished installing, apparently, so it's waiting for you to put the XP CD back in the optical drive. You'll have to do that before you get anywhere; there's nothing bootable on the hard drive yet.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

If you have another machine you can plug the drive to, that would be a way to get into windows and have it scandisk + format the drive (Win XP example: right click on My Computer, select manage, click Disk Management). If the drive's not showing, you may need to reboot once. If it's still not showing in Disk management, you have to do something else.

You can call your neighborhood compUSA or best buy and ask them if they'd format a hard disk for you. If you're lucky, they'll do it free if you bring it in the store.

-GM

I have to thank you guys for responding to my post.. I finally got the new build up and running weird that I check all of my connections inside the tower drives etc.. and it started formatting from WINDOWS XP AGAIN. All I can say that I am not disappointed with my selection of CPU. I don't have a preference when it comes to which CPU Company yet I go with the company which offers the best prices and latest technology.. Good to have a choice AMD OR INTEL..Competition is good it brings prices down and latest technology.. Take care guys..
    Last edited by JuanCee; 12-20-2007 at 07:04 PM.