Thread: UK anti speed Super Cop ..... Banned fer speedin'

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

UK anti speed Super Cop ..... Banned fer speedin'

Speeding police chief's apology

A police chief constable banned from driving has vowed to continue his campaign against speeding and dangerous driving. (Toss Pot)
    Meredydd Hughes of South Yorkshire police admitted speeding at 90mph in a 60mph zone on the A5 at Chirk, Wrexham in May.

Scumbag Evil dooer @ Work

The 49-year-old issued a personal statement, through his solicitor.

He apologised for his actions, saying he was making "no excuse" for bad driving:

I have today pleaded guilty to a single speeding charge at Wrexham Magistrates Court. I very much regret the offence and I have apologised not only to the Court, but also to my colleagues in North Wales Police, and the public they serve.

I recognise this is a significant breach of road traffic law, and I have accepted my guilt and the punishment it merits.

On Bank Holiday Monday, the 28th May 2007, I was on a short climbing holiday in North Wales, and left in the early morning for Shropshire.

The weather was good, and the road surface dry. There was minimal traffic. (& your point is? )

There is never an excuse for bad driving, and I should have paid more attention to my speed. (Too right you should)

I have held a full driving licence for over 30 years. In that time I have received two fixed penalty notices which have both expired, and I had no current points on my licence at the time of this offence.

I remain convinced that safety cameras and speed enforcement are vital to reduce casualty levels, and I will continue to support these activities as well as the other vital law enforcement activities around drink and drug driving, mobile phone use, and poor driver behaviour. (Sounds Like A American Politician)

Drivers who know they are guilty should plead guilty rather than exploit process issues or spurious attacks on technology, and I am proud to have at least lived up to that belief. (Sphericals they should)

FIRE HIM!....... PERHAPS BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN!

Run over him, that'll learn him

I remain convinced that safety cameras and speed enforcement are vital to reduce casualty levels, and I will continue to support these activities as well as the other vital law enforcement activities around drink and drug driving, mobile phone use, and poor driver behaviour. (Sounds like an American Politician)
    Like h**l it does. Even if ½ of our politicians believe that rot, few will say so publicly. The USA tolerates creeping Big Brotherism at a slow rate, but most Americans would raise Cain to hear a politician talk about surveillance cameras. At least, they do when it concerns anti-terrorism measures in public places.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Creeping big brotherism ....... Jeyserz........ listen to ya self ....... If you do end up with lotsa CCTV it'll be run in the true American way ........ You'll have some Hobo out in Nebraska with 300 screens in front of him & he'll be stoned off his boobies & thunbing thro Playgirl @ the same time

New Jerseyans put up with the traffic cameras and whine about them. Arizonans, New Mexicans and Floridians have been using them for target practice until the authorities get the message.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

what IS your problem?