Thread: A Dramatic Leap Forward—GeForce 8800 GT

A Dramatic Leap Forward—GeForce 8800 GT

EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Ultimate Member
    Wow, these forms are DEAD! Every other forum I've been to are up in arms about this card with multi-page threads. This card offers the performance very near that of the 8800GTX at half the price! Retailers all over the place are sold out as well.

Yep,,,its a shame to be honest, it was always buzzing in here with a new Video card or processor etc, now your lucky if you even get a reply to a question. newegg has them I ordered one tonight,I sold off one of my 8800 for 280 lol bought mine for 289 whoop wana see how crysis runs on it. and it makes you wonder how there $300-400 card are going to be eh.
    Last edited by CrazyCrusher; 10-31-2007 at 02:50 AM.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

It's a killer card indeed. It looks like it's Nvidia's last attempt to squash ATI in every way, shape, and form. Getting a card that's near 8800 GTX performance for half the price is unbelievable if you don't already have an 8800 GTX.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

I believe I may just grab one of these. I am still on my crossfired X1800's and this is what I have been waiting for.

Yeah, it is a shame about this forum. It used to buzz daily. I still visit here everyday but there is not much going on in the video forum.

We have never been a big chat forum. SysOpt is more about fixing problems than speculation these days.

Still, feel free to talk all you want here. Historically, the Video forum is pretty much unsupervised because the tech evolves so quickly and is the primary motivation for *all* PC upgrades. Hey - it's all about gaming after all.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Bill, this forum used to be full of the latest and the greatest. This was one place that maybe defied the norm because you tuned in, got the best for the price, how it OC'd and what it was worth.

You could find bench results also. I picked up my 6800GT because of this place in sysopt. That card is still powering my backup and to be truthful it can still whup some buttocks.

I realize it is "we members" fault for not posting more but allot of "we members" are no longer here, or visit often anyways.

This part of sysopt, and for the most part the whole she-bang has taken a hit which I find unforunate. Oh well?

One reason that traffic has dropped of is that there are many more gaming and hardware sites that thave forums. When SysOpt started, there were very few. Now, even manufacturers have their own forums.
    MS MCP, MCSE

CC, I subscribe to that newsletter, and haven't really looked anything up lately, but nice find.

Looks like i just may have to shell out some extra dough, and get one of those instead of a planned 8600GTS. ( of course thats a ways off for me still with my new build costs just accrued lol ) All in all, what you get in cards these days, which includes quality & performance, i'd say the prices are fair.. but i do like how Nvidia always does seem to think of the gamer community and people as a whole, when coming out with new lines of cards to meet the mid range budget.

That defitnitely is the card to get ...LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Certainly is impressive

It seems like a strange move by NVidia to release a card which is faster than more expensive cards in its own lineup.

Anyone know when NVidia / ATI's next batch of cards will be coming out? Before christmas or after?