Thread: Hellgate London demo

Hellgate London demo

Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Downloaed it and installed I havent had a chance to play it just yet but is this Game Dx10? or is it DX9 only?
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

I haven't played it yet either, but i noticed all the DX update folders in their. ( like six or seven ) , which is odd. Obviously it must be DX10. I've had the latest DX9.0c for quite a while. If ya look in the folder where the game is placed... it should tell ya.

Have a feeling this is going to be impressive.. we hope.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Yea I'm excited for this one. I won't get a chance to try the demo beforehand but plan on picking it up the 31st.

I'm slightly skeptical of the elite pricing model, but we'll have to wait and see how that plays out.

ye I heard it was to be DX10 yet when I go into game settings to adjust the video they game engine shows DX9 nothing for DX10. good looking game though.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

I had no idea it was like a Dungeon Seige type game or facisimili. Its actually pretty good as far as the menu's and imagine the whole overall storyline gets invloved..etc.. The graphiocs are good and well done,but even those are somewhat washed out.. gives the true feel of a hell kingdom or sorts..
    Now that i have seen the demo.., it is not somemthing i would get. I was undr the impression from the screenies that it was a FPS type gore game, and not third person. Works real well and is smooth and all that..but I have a hard time with these due to too many side quests.. More of a game for the younger set, who can spend alot of time on it.

That big ogre like creature with claws got me and i just quit.. LOL Spent a long time running around with no controls and nothing to get out of it.. ??? strange! Real twilight zone stuff.

Currently downloading...
    I am somewhat concerned about the rumored presence of spy ware (Massive) stuffed into the demo/game by EA.
    If this needs a connection to run/update (ala steam), or if I cannot disable any spy ware, I will not buy it.
    The info that I have seen indicates that you can run this from either a first person (shooter) view or a 3rd person view.
    I hope that it meets expectations- (finally a rpg that uses WASD).
    Enjoy!
    Got me one o' them 'puter thangs!

Downloaded it , tried it, tested and analyzed it for spy ware then uninstalled it.
    The "Massive" ad ware is for the on line player it will change adds displayed on walls and such (if what I read is correct). I had no problems installing or playing. I could not find any way to change the viewpoint (but then again its just a demo)
    setup has more customization than is desirable or necessary
    The constant display of computer "conversation"/guidance about drove me crazy before I figured out how to turn it off.
    Having to press arrow buttons during conversations with NPCs is stupid.
    Not having any form of manual is frustrating (What is a grappler and how do you use it?) (I figured it out but the information should have been available via a help button).
    Play was smooth although the WASD buttons seemed to be restricted during weapon use. (Start swinging a sword then try to move at the same time some times resulted in little movement, movement before weapon use allowed use of both).
    The demo levels were excessively short and extremely repetitive (I got bored with the constant repetition on the second street and in the first tunnel).
    The creatures were identical and boring, all of the Diablo II stratagems worked (yes I am a fan) but the lack of even occasional gangs and hoards of monsters was boring resulting in a resigned slaughtering of individuals while looking for more boxes to smash for goodies ("Crates; I hate crates"... (Serious) Sam Stone.) (Aww, common, really... a little originality here would have been appreciated smashing boxes is too HL-1).
    Over all It looks like an acceptable (not great) game.
    Did it have the "gotta play some more and find some more stuff" draw of Diablo II? A little, for me but not much. I found that I was excessively concerned at trying to get the best balance of attributes at the merchant instead of looking for goodies and nailing zombies.
    The game play was excessively linear without even the open areas and courts of Serious Sam and little of the fun element of the Serious games.
    A worthy successor to Daiblo II? I think not.. I would rank it behind Sacred and Titan Quest/Immortal Throne in terms of RPGs.
    Is it a FPS? not really although it could probably be played similarly in the full version with a first person view and suitable armament. I would rate it behind Painkiller/BOOH in terms of enjoyable first person zombie/demon killing.
    The interviews with the makers strongly imply that they wanted to be all things ; an action RPG with shooting elements and that they are hoping (indeed may have focused excessively on the) MMOG aspects. (It is where the money is, who can blame them?)(I don't do MMOGs so I can't compare them).
    Depending on the price, I will probably buy this one to play while waiting for CRYSIS, although I do not expect to finish it due to expected boredom with monsters and repetitive scenery (I might just see how many times the question mark comes up on the walls of the tunnels this winter).
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 10-22-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Well, i guess i'm not the only one who thnks this way...alot of stuff there LOL

I agree on most all of that.. I get too tired of linear and written dialog. How mundane in todays advanced gameplay world. They want yuo to buy a game,hype it all up to death so you will run out and get it, then be sorely disappointed and left for what.

This is an example of how marketing works. They entice,lead us on and come up sooo short. I thought i would love this game, and from the demo ii do not need to see any more. Not for me thks!

HJ. why waste your money dude. There are like five or six titles coming very very soon worth evry penny. of course i don't know just what you like to play..
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 10-23-2007 at 01:40 AM.

Well summer is over and I have come in out of the mountains/forests (camping/four wheeling) and its time to get back on to the comp.
    I like FPS best although a good rpg is my second choice. I figure to laugh at this game if it is priced at $50, might buy it at $30, or just wait until it hits the bargain bins (next spring if my first impressions are correct).
    As you noted a lot of hype goes on with new games and we will see how the post release reviews go with this one (in any event, I won't buy it when it first comes out, this Halloween).
    Enjoy!

I was just at 'Fry's' here in the portland area ( Wilsonville ), yeaterday, annd got to see most all the latest games that have come out and alot of the past also. This kind of gave me an idea of whats selling and whats not.., and to be honest, i think this game is going to just fly by the radar and keep on going...

Get 'Unreal Tournament 3', or 'Quake Wars', or even 'Bioshock'. A few real good new strategy games also are out now.. or soon to be released. You've got 'Crysis' of course and 'Timeshift' ( a very under the radar good game ) ,and also COD 4,and MOH Airborne' just ot name a few... Any of those is worthy to spend money on IMO.