Thread: Dark LCD on Toshiba Satellite A65 S1065

Dark LCD on Toshiba Satellite A65 S1065

I have a Toshiba Satellite A65 S1065. I broke the LCD so I replaced it with a used one. Now the screen has gone dark. I can see the outline of what's on the desk top but only the outline. I replaced the inverter then I replaced the Video Cable I still have the same problem. Could it be the Video Card. I took it apart and it's still partially put together. Or could it be something else.....Please Help!!

it's probably not the video card, but try it on an external monitor.

dark screens usually mean a bad lcd or inverter board.

I tried it on an external monitor and it worked FINE.....I bought 2 inverters from ebay. I also bought an LCD from ebay because I cracked my. At 1st my cracked LCD was working okay too it was just crackee. Now it's doing the same thing and the used LCD is doing the same thing. I lift the keyboard and I think I touch something underneath my keyboard to make the light go out but I don't remember what I touched.

reseat the lcd cable on the motherboard and behind the LCD. If needed, secure them down with cellophane or black electric tape.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    It is not the invert board, but it sounds more like the backlight bulb itself.

If you're getting a display on an external your mobo and graphics card should be fine - sounds like you're spending an awful lot of money to save your laptop. You get what you get buying used parts on EBay - why 2 inverters? Did the used LCD ever work (you said you "touched" something) then it went dark?

Let us know - hopefully you've got a good used LCD and an inverter to start with, and it's just a connection issue or a problem when you reassemble the laptop.

I'm not a big fan of repair shops but it wouldn't hurt to ask them to run some diagnostics for you. Try a few calls first - you'll know in 30 seconds if they're going to be helpful.
    "hope to someday have a clever or inspirational quote....."
    ANON

I have noticed the FAN sitting on top of the Video Card is no longer working.. Could this stop the screen from showing properly??

how do you know it's not working? some fans will not turn on until it hits a certain thermal threshold.

I had a young repair guy take a look at it and he said he noticed the fan not coming on too......I really feel it's something simple because it was working fine even with my cracked display but when I moved around the keyboard that when it seemed to stop showing properly on the screeen.....Thanks for the advice I guess I will have to try to do a diagnostic on it.....

Now my screen is not working even on an external monitor...So could it be the video card. Do I have to buy a whole new motherboard because I believe the video card comes attached to my Toshiba A65 S1065???