Internet Explorer does not display anything
I have an odd situation. When going into Internet Explorer 7 on a WXP Home computer, no matter what site, it appears to go thru the process, finds the site, but always displays a blank screen, doesn't even say it can't find the site.
I have never seen this before. Kapersky is the A.V with no errors and Ad-Aware the anti spyware.
Try uninstalliing and then reinstalling IE7.
Mod w/ an attitude
Try running Adware Away:
Stark Raving MOD
Did you try another browser like Firefox to see if you get the same problem? That would isolate IE7 or your ISP.
That used to happen when a dll file (particularly urlmon.dll) was unregistered, and could be fixed in IE6 by running regsvr32 xxx.dll. There is a batch file available from http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm called iefix which refreshes the registration of 17 of these files. The thing is, that MS updated and changed a bunch of these files in IE7 so this trick only works for IE6, but if you are going to roll it back to IE6 anyway, it wouldn't hurt to run this batch file before reinstalling IE7. It only takes a minute.
I also have this problem with my system, when I used an rogue anti-spyware 'Adware Alert' of adwarealert.com and this anti-spyware blocked my explorer window..
be careful when you remove, because Adware Alert can not easily removed from my system, and for remove this I format my system
IE 7 issues
As you can see by my number of posts, I am very new to this site. I am wondering if anyone has found a fix to this issue, because I seem to have the very same issue.
Win XP Home
Abit Sli-8 mother board
Pentium D 2.8 ghz CPU
AVG Free Antivirus
Spybot Search and Destroy
I currently use Mozilla Firefox, Opera (verison ?), and IE 7. Everything has been working great until some time last week. I noticed my M$ ActiveSync wouldn't actually start. when I tried to start it, it would just not open. This bothered me a little bit, but not as much as this new issue.
I can access the web through my FTP client, Firefox, and Opera with no issues. WHen I try to start IE 7, it appears that it opens the page just fine, with the exception of not showing anything.
Shortly following this issue, I am noticing that my Office suite was corrupted or something. Any time I try to open a shortcut link or an office document, I get an error stating that hasd an error and to run setup to repair the issue.
It is all very strange. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
It should be mentioned that I have tried the solutions mentioned in this post. They have not solved any problems. This thread was the reason I made an account as well.
Last edited by BricetheComputerGuy; 04-11-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Reason: additional information
I would normally guess "malware". You owe it to yourself to use alternate malware scanners to verify. Never put all your eggs in one basket. While AVG and Spybot are very good, they are not "all that". Try Counterspy and Kaspersky trial versions.
If no joy, you have good old Windows corruption *or* incompatible RAM. If you don't have too much invested in this particular Windows setup, redo it. If no joy, think RAM.
It's never a good idea to piggyback your problems onto another person's thread. In the future, start one of your own.
Well, the good thing is that no set up is every really with that much invested. This particular setup is around 2 years old now so I am just not sure where the issue is actually coming from. I have not done anything different to my system than what has been done in the past. I will play around with it for a few days, then worst case scenario reinstall.
Ill keep that in mind about piggy backing my issues.
Thanks for the quick reply.