Thread: PC fail to boot hard disk?

PC fail to boot hard disk?

I have a dual core amd and 2 gigs memory, all top of line stuff that i cannot give the exact models right now but i dont think it will be necessary

everything is decently new except this 80gig WD HD i have had for years that i have been using... its OLD and i have used it in about 3 computers.

anyway one day i turn on my PC and it does diskcheck after that runs it goes to a windows screen but no longin buttons. just a blank windows screen.

I hard booted and tried again.. same exact thing.thats all i can get it to do.

IM thinking HD and i have already ordered a new one since it has been long needed anyway.

I tried resetting bios... starting in safemod... everything i could think of..

IM just wondering if this does sound like a HD issue.. i have not heard clicking or w/e the general hd problems entail.

Im also wondering if it is a HD issue. can i install windows on my new one then make the old one a slave and try to get my data off of it?

thanks for your help. sorry this post is so sloppy. in a big hurry!

run the manufacturer's hd diag tools to see if the drive is even worth keeping.

you could slave the drive and get data off, but make sure to remove any login passwords.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Yes it does sound like a bad hard drive.

You can install Windows on the new drive and attempt to recover your data, but at this point I would give it a 50-50 chance or less that any data is recoverable.

Helpful as usual. thank you both!

I'm betting you will see your data on the old drive
    Get Thee behind me Satan