Thread: evga 8800 ultra

evga 8800 ultra

Hi all i got a 8800 ultra and was wondering .
    In the nvidia control panel in 3d setting .
    Adjust image setting with preview.
    In the advvanced image settings.
    Do i change anything in the do i crank
    ever thing up or just lave it be.
    And one more thing do this look right for the ultra card.
    her a image from 3dmark system info .

motherborad// evga nforce 680i sli a1

intel core 2duo E6850

patriot 4gb pc2-8500

evga e-geforce 8800 ultra 768 mb

zalman cnps9500 led cpu cooler

cool master120mm blue led case fan

xf-i xtreme gamer soundcard

seagate 500gb 7200.10 16mb sata

asus 18*dvdrw

antec nine hunderd gamers case

logitech cordless desktop mx3200

viewsonic n3571w 37 in hdtv

hauppauge wintv pvr 150

corsair cmpsu-620hx 620watt psu 120mm

seagate freeagent pro 500gb usbfwestata

LG dvd drive

Logitech Z-5450s speekers 5.1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not trying to make fun.. but you would be well served if you could write your english a bit better so we can understand you better LOL

I used to just use the standard panel, until i got my new card a ways back, and then i started using the 'advanced' menu option listed under the '3D settings'.

If you go down the list...., at they bottom is what they recommend, and its description of what that feature does.... Most of it is pretty common sense.
    Also.., you can pick certain settings for whatever particular game you want to play at those settings.. you choose for it. Kind of nice... I did this when playing 'Splinter Cell', and it helped alot. I imagine alot of games out would benefit from some settings in that panel.
    As far as i can tell, Nvidia uses the same control panel for all its cards... now

Since you have one of the best cards out.., i would crank evrything up on highest settings in anything you play, and use AA and AF at your will... thats up to you. solely depends upon what the graphics and game looks like without it...

A good piece of advice is go to thier site and see if they have other tools to DL that might help ya... I think they have a similar CP seperate from the one incorporated under the card properties.. I used to use that.., but I figured why have two of the same thing installed ( good point )

I never use '3D Mark' much anymore myself... its really a waste of time IMO, and doesn't really tell you a whole lot. What you see in person on your screen and playing is all you need to worry about...
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 08-08-2007 at 06:47 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Your hardware is fine. based on your score you got, it's operating properly. There's nothing to worry about.

Next, as for the image settings, I usually leave everything as application controlled. However, in games like BF2 and Oblivion, I usually tweak a few settings. (set AA to 4x and AF to 16x. Oblivion disables AA if you run HDR, so I force it in the control panel.) Most of the settings that you see in that menu are settings that are controlled by the game, but if you want more power to tinker with the settings, you use driver level control to set some things. It forces some settings on each individual game.

Hope this helps.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

I agree.... If you have a card like that or close...,then app. controlled is fine. I'm sure if anyone has those cards they would want to push the limits and thats fine too..., but remember that FPS will always suffer some, and since the picture and whatever your playing has lots of onboard memory ( 756MB is alot ), and a good high end CPU to run the show, then tis just more eye candy..

Geeze.. Oblivion is just a killer game for showing what you gots.. even little ole me with my mid range card, the game looiks awesome.. HDR does make alot of difference and i'd use that over more AA or AF IMO.

going to sites like Tom's Hardware or Guru3D might benefit oyu in understanding some things, and what those cards will do.. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

based on your score you got, it's operating properly.
    What score? I've looked four times and see no score anywhere.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!